Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: BCM VS Colt BCG

Feedback Score
    I have a Rainier marked bcg. a PSA marked one ...2 toolcraft, one Colt and one DD,...all mpi marked...staked..blah blah..not one has failed...and likely all made by toolcraft anyway

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    That was what? 5 years ago? That’s not even relevant to the conversation.

You watched one blowhard idiot on YouTube and jumped on a bandwagon.

It’s endless and timeless. There were blowhards just. like. you. 20 years ago saying the. same. things. about ‘These new Colts’. The same ones you think are so much different than a Colt now.
    I actually bought a few (and still have) of the Expanse carbines and did my own side by side comparisons to LE series carbines that I also own.

You are the guy getting his all his 'info' from the internet and has zero actual hands-on experience here...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfeetz View Post
    I have a Rainier marked bcg. a PSA marked one ...2 toolcraft, one Colt and one DD,...all mpi marked...staked..blah blah..not one has failed...and likely all made by toolcraft anyway
    Even without glasses I can clearly see the difference in machining marks when comparing the single PSA carrier I have with everything else... Toolcraft, Colt, AO are not anywhere near finished the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I actually bought a few (and still have) of the Expanse carbines and did my own side by side comparisons to LE series carbines that I also own.

You are the guy getting his all his 'info' from the internet and has zero actual hands-on experience here...

Different barrel profiles?...whats the difference?

Feedback Score
    Even without glasses I can clearly see the difference in machining marks when comparing the single PSA carrier I have with everything else... Toolcraft, Colt, AO are not anywhere near finished the same.
    Absolutely...finish on the PSA was the grittiest...but they have all performed the same...all MPI all apparently made of the same type steel. The finish on 90% ofthe carrier is the least crucial part, speaking as a former tool and Die guy, I understand crucial surfaces, regardless...they cycle through my suppressors...all perform to snuff
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 12-08-22 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They’re BCG’s let’s try and remain calm please.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Are you a machinist?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    They’re BCG’s let’s try and remain calm please.
    Don't make me send you my PSA so you can gauge it.

Feedback Score
    Don't make me send you my PSA so you can gauge it.
    You can guage them...and if they are within +/-.001 0f .5 inch ( IIRC) they are gtg. I havent gaged any of mine admittedly, just inside a micrometer...but they operated well enough i couldn't bother to dig out my plug gages

Feedback Score
    For L.E. use which finish is preferred Phosphate or Nitrate finish for an M-16 BCG? Thank You.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast