Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is it just me?

I won’t post the link to the video to serve up more views.

Is it just me or is something “off” with this bolt action? I went through the comments expecting to see a roast fest, but nothing.

Is it just me?

Please tell me it isn’t just me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Maybe he's 4 feet tall wit T-rex arms?
    Probably just another clueless dork. YouTube has no shortage of these guys giving horrible "gun" advice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What the fukkin fukk? This set up is retardation on 10 levels.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What's wrong with mounting a Nikon 3x32 scope on a bolt action rifle using a rearward facing AR mount?

Andy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Reminds me of the dudes you see on public ranges, “teaching” their daughters/wives/sons to shoot at dirt with a 30/06. Now Cletus has a platform.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Is it just me?

I went to the range last weekend with my neighbor. Nice guy, similar mindset in society and raising our children, that sort of thing. Moved to NC recently from rural CT and started splurging on guns. Has all kinds of random stuff in the safe and has some “tactical kit” like a MOLLE belt and plate carrier. The guns he brought included a P80 “Glock” and a home build 10.5 AR. The P80 would send multiple unintentional 2-3 round bursts every mag. The AR, with some type of binary trigger and an airsoft ACOG clone, had issues within the first mag because his gas block was walking off. I mentioned that I don’t mess with uppers in part to ensure I’ve got the right high temp lock tight on the set screws or a pinned GB and he said that he hadn’t even thought of that. Then we started spiraling with the thought process on all of my stuff and why I’ve chosen what I have and kept it consistent across multiple guns.

He was very open to learning my perspective but for some reason I think the selling point was when he charged my AR. Despite being dirty AF, it was buttery smooth and didn’t have the springy noise from the buffer spring. He fired several rounds and was impressed with the feel but for whatever reason, that side by side in charging both really seemed to convince him of some differences in quality.

Now he’s texting me about holsters for his M&P and is definitely heading in a better direction but it really reminded me that shit guns are shit guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-08-22 at 06:13.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Reminds me of the dudes you see on public ranges, “teaching” their daughters/wives/sons to shoot at dirt with a 30/06. Now Cletus has a platform.
    We seent that shit one day on the public range. Jasper and his wife were sharing a bench. He was propping his barrel directly on the rest to take the shot. PB nudged me to get a look.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is it just me?

I wasn’t born knowing everything, but I sure hope if my shit was that jacked, someone in my circle would tell me, before allowing me to parade my ignorance on YouTube.

The most shocking thing to me was not one comment and I’ve seen some nasty comments on that platform.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I use Youtube as a video host for stuff here on occasion. But being non-tech, it never occurred to me that my "channel" would be seen out of context. So I get weird comments on random old videos from time to time... I don't even read them when the notices come to me. Most likely guys who own guns pictured above who would waste time commenting on my old stuff.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    What's wrong with mounting a Nikon 3x32 scope on a bolt action rifle using a rearward facing AR mount?

Andy
    This. And plenty.

I’ve reached a point that i don’t freely offer advise to obvious tards at the range unless I have some clue of who I’m dealing with.
    Found out a kid in Sword class, who’d been bugging me to take him shooting, had Leftist/ANTIFA-ish leanings after taking him to the range.
    Far worse than simply being an asshat.
    Last edited by gaijin; 12-08-22 at 10:53.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast