Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your pistol collection lacking?

Feedback Score

Is your pistol collection lacking?

Mine is, i have a Px4 storm(main pistol) 9mm, Star BM i had refinished in bronze. Its a beautiful pistol but is what it is, a heavy 7 shot 9mm. Wife has a Ruger EC9 for her purse,
    Walther PPK (POS) a couple 22lr revolvers. That see heavy use.

Im thinking about buying a pair of M&P 2.0 compact 9mm. I know i know i should buy a couple glock 19s.

Anyone else lacking in pistols?
    Keep in mind im 58 so i dont need fancy HKs or sigs.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well if you aren’t going to go the G19 route then you should check out the Walter PDP F-series 3.5” or 4”. Great to shoot, reliable, easy to manipulate the controls…. You’ll probably make it your primary carry after only a few hundred rounds- sorry to say, but it blows the Storm out of the water for recoil impulse and trigger. But it’s also just a nice and fun gun.

Or check out the new Sig P365 X-Macro. It shoots great and holds 17rds in a slim-frame pistol that is very concealable. It’s my next pistol- Probably will buy one this Friday, unless I decide to wait for one that has a Romeo Zero from the factory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Well if you aren’t going to go the G19 route then you should check out the Walter PDP F-series 3.5” or 4”. Great to shoot, reliable, easy to manipulate the controls…. You’ll probably make it your primary carry after only a few hundred rounds- sorry to say, but it blows the Storm out of the water for recoil impulse and trigger. But it’s also just a nice and fun gun.

Or check out the new Sig P365 X-Macro. It shoots great and holds 17rds in a slim-frame pistol that is very concealable. It’s my next pistol- Probably will buy one this Friday, unless I decide to wait for one that has a Romeo Zero from the factory.
    Those are $800 pistols. Im sure they are nice.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    Mine is lacking. Unless I was a 1970’s cop. I only have two pistols, a S&W model 19 and a Ruger 686. Good pistols but I don’t really enjoy shooting them much.

Feedback Score
    Nm.......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    Nm.......
    I posted here in GD so we could have a casual conversation about pistols. Add your thoughts

Because of mags and parts avalability im not going to rule out the G19 just thought the M&Ps look stylish and having owened the gen 1 in the past i know they are reliable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    I posted here in GD so we could have a casual conversation about pistols. Add your thoughts

Because of mags and parts avalability im not going to rule out the G19 just thought the M&Ps look stylish and having owened the gen 1 in the past i know they are reliable.
    You reference "pistol collection" in the title of the thread...but the text of the thread sounds like you're looking for a reliable EDC. I bowed out after reading "Bronzed BM"
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 12-07-22 at 23:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    You reference "pistol collection" in the title of the thread...but the text of the thread sounds like you're looking for a reliable EDC. I bowed out after reading "Bronzed BM"
    Yeah burnt bronze color. Nothing fancy but looks nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Yeah burnt bronze color. Nothing fancy but looks nice.
    I'm sure it's a work of art. Perhaps just say "I need a sweet ass EDC" without comparing it to custom guns? I don't know...this thread went weird.

Feedback Score
    I was expecting a post about someone’s private collection that makes HK’s Gray Room look empty…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast