Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your pistol collection lacking?

Feedback Score
    I've never been a pistol guy, so my collection is definitely lacking. I just don't have a lot of use for them.

I only have a single HK VP9 and it will likely be the only pistol I'll ever own... I sometimes consider buying a second VP9 because two is one, but I doubt I will.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I've never been a pistol guy, so my collection is definitely lacking. I just don't have a lot of use for them.
    That's me too. It's not a long term fighting solution, so to me it makes no sense to stock a lot of support for the platform. But for people that like pistols? By all mean... have at it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Mine is, i have a Px4 storm(main pistol) 9mm, Star BM i had refinished in bronze. Its a beautiful pistol but is what it is, a heavy 7 shot 9mm. Wife has a Ruger EC9 for her purse,
    Walther PPK (POS) a couple 22lr revolvers. That see heavy use.

Im thinking about buying a pair of M&P 2.0 compact 9mm. I know i know i should buy a couple glock 19s.

Anyone else lacking in pistols?
    Keep in mind im 58 so i dont need fancy HKs or sigs.
    I'm same age and fail to see why high quality guns are less important post 50. If what you have covers yours needs, then now you're into wants. Nothing wrong with that either, but personally I go for the best I can afford/want as my life is worth it. If you have a budget set, then personally I'd recommend used from the legacy brands vs new of the crappy stuff.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm same age and fail to see why high quality guns are less important post 50.
    This! For me, I'd like one really good pistol over a variety of pretty good pistols. I'm eyeballing the Staccato P Duo as the replacement to my 22 year old G22.... some time in 2023 assuming the great depression that the media is promoting doesn't come to fruition.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Those are $800 pistols. Im sure they are nice.
    I have seen the regular PDP for around $550 a few places, not sure a bout the PDP-F. They seem to market the PDP-F to females but it seems similar in size to the P365 Macro with a little less capacity

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What about ammo and "clips" and holsters? Not being a hand gun guys saves me thousands in guns, ammo, and accessories. If I do get a new/different pistol, I want to have mags and holsters for it. So I just don't buy new pistols.
    Oh yea. Since most of mine are doubles I've hot a lot of money in magazines and holsters. Single stacks get at 8-10 double stacks get at least 6. Holsters, yup, plastic guns get plastic holsters, steel gets leather. My AR's are the same. except more mags each and spare parts, and all those damned specialty tools I've got over the last 20 years. I'm not rifle poor, just don't shoot them as much as I used to. No regular access to the 600 plus range that i used for years. AR's meh, will never be without one or two but the days of using one daily and going to high speed classes are over for me and I'm OK with that.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    but the days of using one daily and going to high speed classes are over for me and I'm OK with that.
    Lord, Me TOO!! You couldn't get me to attend if the class AND ammo were both free.

Feedback Score
    The P365xl with Holosun 507K X2 is my favorite 9mm ever.

I recommend you find a way to shoot one for your self. I believe you'll be glad you did.

Feedback Score
    I try not to have too many. Let about 10 go this year. Have 3 more that need to go.

I shoot pistols mostly. Then PCC's, then rifles, and shotguns the least.

I do want to see the "Bronze Star" pistol!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    The P365xl with Holosun 507K X2 is my favorite 9mm ever.

I recommend you find a way to shoot one for your self. I believe you'll be glad you did.
    I think Pappabear runs one of those exact set ups. Very nice. However the Staccato is a tad bit better to me as far as how well/accurately I can shoot.
    Last edited by markm; 12-08-22 at 15:44.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast