Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your sage assistance on swapping BCM fore-ends

Feedback Score

I need your sage assistance on swapping BCM fore-ends

Gentlemen,

I need your sage assistance on swapping a BCM, M-lok, handguard from one BCM upper to another BCM upper.

I have a KD4, BCM upper with a 13" M-Lok handguard on my 16" barrel. How hard is it to swap a 15" BCM, M-Lok handguard from another BCM upper also with a 16" barrel? Any tips or tricks would greatly be appreciated. Thank You!!!
    Last edited by StreetSurvival; 12-09-22 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Does the go to upper have the same barrel nut? If so, it would be pretty easy.

If you have to swap the nut over too, it can be a little challenging. Some of their pins/set screws can by tight/red loc tite in place.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Take the little clamp bolts out, get the barrel nut end of the rail hot with a heat gun, mortar the muzzle on a piece of soft wood.

Heat it back up and lightly tap it over the barrel nut with a nylon hammer. Lightly.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've never needed heat on any of the BCM rails. Maybe some fit tighter than mine though. They do emphasize installing them concentric to the nut. (i.e. not forcing them on slighty off center)

Pics of both would be helpful. Again... I think (if needed) the gas block removal will be the bigger fight.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree that more information regarding the installed barrel nuts installed for both uppers is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    My last bcm rail was borderline too tight, even with appropriate temperatures applied to various parts.

Feedback Score
    Do you think BCM would have a different size Gas Block and or Barrel nut between the 13" & 16" M-Lok handguards? Thanks for all your sage responses, I really appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    My last bcm rail was borderline too tight, even with appropriate temperatures applied to various parts.
    Interesting. Which rail? I did a QRF that didn't seem too tight. Other than that, my Keymods are older. So not relevant to current production probably.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSurvival View Post
    Do you think BCM would have a different size Gas Block and or Barrel nut between the 13" & 16" M-Lok handguards? Thanks for all your sage responses, I really appreciate it.
    Nope. Should be the exact same.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Markm, stay safe out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast