Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Register SBR Lower Without Engraving

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Do y'all normally send the receiver off for engraving or find someone local?

Andy
    Local. Cerakote shops or places well versed in NFA law.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Same here, my last 2 SBRs have no additional engravings outside of the factory markings. Forms were approved with that section empty. I've been saying this for years but always get told I'm wrong when my approved F1s disagree.
    That's me too. My forms match my weapon exactly. Kinda hard to even debate it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Are you referring to 4a on the 5320?
    4H....the section about additional markings. 4A is for the original manufacturers information assuming you're using a firearm purchased and didn't machine.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Page 35 in the NFA handbook covers the subject of making NFA items by nonlicensees. Please read the entire page. The last paragraph on the page states that among other things the "identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon."
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/16...79343112836794

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Markings: The maker is required to mark the firearm with the maker’s name, city and state as shown in item 3b

Make. The term “make”, and the various derivatives of such word, shall include manufacturing (other than by one qualified to engage in such business under the NFA), putting together, altering, any combination of these, or otherwise producing a firearm.

Feedback Score
    It's a wonder the atf doesn't require everyone that submits a form 1 to have a license to manufacture since you are in fact engraving your name, city, state as the manufacturer.

The nfa is just another bureaucracy thats a total waste.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Markings: The maker is required to mark the firearm with the maker’s name, city and state as shown in item 3b

Make. The term “make”, and the various derivatives of such word, shall include manufacturing (other than by one qualified to engage in such business under the NFA), putting together, altering, any combination of these, or otherwise producing a firearm.
    They kinda fixed that bungled word-smithing when they made up "PMF".

"manufacturing" is not really the correct context, because the dums at FTA have used that word in context of "licensed", and, "manufacturing" had the meaning of making firearms that are not for personal use but rather for resale, and typically mass produced.

There's a ton of bad word-smithing throughout FTA/NFA/GCA/USC. It's what happens when idiots are given a pen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12