Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lantac Enhanced BCG-

Feedback Score

Lantac Enhanced BCG-

Anyone have any experience running one of the Lantac Enhanced BCG's? I believe they are nitrided and feature a few other fancy modifications like a domed cam pin, anti tilt carrier, and modified gas ports.

It seems like it might be trying to be in similar class as the LMT enhanced BCG. Which I think is for over gassed systems or to slow down cyclic rate- I'm not really sure.

If you have any experience with these, I'd sure appreciate your info.

Thanks, Happy Holidays.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've never tried one, and I'm perplexed at what a $290.00 BCG will do for me, that a $150.00 BCG will not. That said, while shopping today I came across this sale. This price for a Lantac Enhanced makes much more sense than it's usual price point.

https://ar15discounts.com/products/l...black-nitride/
    Last edited by BobinNC; 12-12-22 at 16:08.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have one. I’m not certain that it does anything noticeably better than a Sionics or whoever. I don’t consider it to be equivalent to the LMT. I haven’t had any problems, though. It seems well made.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Thank you both. A great price on that bcg, thanks for posting.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've got a Lantac E-BCG (Fail Zero UCT coated), LMT E-BCG, and multiple LMT E-Carriers.

I actually use the Lantac E-Carrier in my SR15 upper. It's heavy, like a Young National Match. .3-.4oz more than my KAC M16 carrier. The LMT E-Carriers are actually .2-.3oz lighter than the M16 carrier. .5-.6oz lighter than the Lantac.

I got the Lantac for $150 years ago on super sale. I wouldn't pay full price for it, TBH. But it's been a solid BCG and I really like the cam pin. C158 bolt that saw a lot of suppressed SBR use. Still solid.

But it doesn't have any single feature that will significantly reduce or alter gas drive. The enlarged ports are actually beneficial, but those only affect the very end of the cycle of operation.... and, even then, not very much. The heavier carrier mass likely plays as much of a role as anything else.

It's a quality carrier with a really good cam pin and C158 bolt.

The A100/Aermet 100 bolt in the LMT is unparalleled. The entire E-BCG is legend at this point for shorties (especially suppressed shorties). I suspect Knights moved to that in their E3.2 bolt.... but that's my completely uninformed, wild-a$$-guess.

I also use the LMT E-BCG's 308 version in my suppressed AR10 and I'm really pleased with it. 165gr & 168gr Federal Trophy Bonded Tip run like butter with the LMT E-BCG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have one. I’m not certain that it does anything noticeably better than a Sionics or whoever. I don’t consider it to be equivalent to the LMT. I haven’t had any problems, though. It seems well made.
    Sionics NP3 BCG is the play, TBH.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    BTJ mentions the Lantac cam pin. I got one in over Black Friday sales. Something that seems like a good idea if the fit is snug. Have to drop mine in a carrier, and I’ll try to grab dimensional measurements.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    BTJ mentions the Lantac cam pin. I got one in over Black Friday sales. Something that seems like a good idea if the fit is snug. Have to drop mine in a carrier, and I’ll try to grab dimensional measurements.
    My Lantac domed cam pins fit my standard LMT C158 bolts just as well as the LMT cam pins.

But you're correct, a tight fit is vital.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I once reached out to a nearby purveyor of NP3’d parts, with the intent of acquiring some spare parts. Using my BCM cam pin as the model, I provided diameter measurement to someone who said he’d happily grab some pins of equal of slightly larger size for me.
    I never heard back. BCG, barrel, buffer spring - I am picky about these.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Lantac Enhanced BCG-

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I once reached out to a nearby purveyor of NP3’d parts, with the intent of acquiring some spare parts. Using my BCM cam pin as the model, I provided diameter measurement to someone who said he’d happily grab some pins of equal of slightly larger size for me.
    I never heard back. BCG, barrel, buffer spring - I am picky about these.
    Yeah. I know the crew at Sionics basically went to college about NP3. Became subject matter experts on it as it related to their BCG's.

They are the only ones I trust for NP3.

V7's enhanced cam pin is the only other non-LMT/BCM/Colt cam pin I use aside from Lantac. Used that for thousands of rds as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast