Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ordered a BCM upper, lower suggestions?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I honestly can't think of a reason to use anything except BCM. Not that you are looking to sell, but if down the road you wanted to trade for something else, the value would remain much higher. In addition, BCM lowers are "known good".
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Strongly considering it. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I would just get a cheap Aero lower, replace the buffer with an H or H2, and then get a decent light, sling, a decent sighting system and spend the rest on ammo and training.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am reading this thread with great interest because I am planning on a new lower sometime early next year. Not to hijack, and I think this isn't too far off the author's original thought, who here has experience with any of the ambi lowers? Any to avoid? Are they even necessary for a right hander?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I would just get a cheap Aero lower, replace the buffer with an H or H2, and then get a decent light, sling, a decent sighting system and spend the rest on ammo and training.
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I am reading this thread with great interest because I am planning on a new lower sometime early next year. Not to hijack, and I think this isn't too far off the author's original thought, who here has experience with any of the ambi lowers? Any to avoid? Are they even necessary for a right hander?
    Probably worth, no, make that definitely worth its own thread.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    My 2 cents, I have a few of the ADM ambi-lowers, one complete, one built, but I really, really love those. I know that they are made in conjunction with the Raidan ambi-lowers, and while I haven't had my hands on one of those, the ADM bad-levereqc. feature is awesome, and really speeds up my reloads with the bolt back. Having said all of that, I own more aeros, DD, a Colt, and a PSA lower and it does take some muscle memory to get back into the swing of things with a standard lower, so you have to keep that in mind.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    BCM blem full lowers on sale at Primary right now. I bought one of these for an SBR build I did and have not been able to find the blem. I would go this route and never look back. I would prefer to buy a BCM stripped lower and build it out myself but they are impossible to find. Instead I sold off what I didn't want and replaced it with what I did want. But that was just personal preference.

https://www.primaryarms.com/bravo-co...-cosmetic-blem

Feedback Score
    Anderson no logo lower.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Im too OCD, I would have to go with BCM to match the upper.
    Same. I have some frankenguns but lately I try to match everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12