Thread: M17/M18 rear sight maintenance

Feedback Score

M17/M18 rear sight maintenance

Must be some loose sights out there. Interesting that you can use either red or blue Loctite.

https://www.psmagazine.army.mil/News...on-and-repair/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Should there be something about catching the loaded chamber indicator parts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Must be some loose sights out there. Interesting that you can use either red or blue Loctite.

https://www.psmagazine.army.mil/News...on-and-repair/
    Normal and expected. So much that smart instructors are carrying a T15 in their pocket, or least have one and some loctite nearby. If you're in an M17/18 equipped unit, armory should be inspecting and remediating this proactively. Once addressed, does not appear to reoccur. Some units have guidance that guns must go back to Sig - which is next level stupid.

Wrench size for the commercial 320 2-screw guns is 3/32 IIRC. Less frequent, but that tool should be handy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Should there be something about catching the loaded chamber indicator parts?
    You'd think.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Kinda surprising and.... no surprise at all.

I mean SIG has had some issues, yes. But from what I know (not the world's leading expert in SIG probs), they are design issues and not quality or workmanship issues. So, I am a little surprised.

Not surprising because manufacturing practice today with regard to dovetails, with a great many manufacturers, is to make them loose. Why not, it saves them from having to make them a precise fit or having a skilled person properly fit them. Let a set screw and/or magic locking compound make up for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Given enough M17/18s w/o this PM, you can walk down the line and find a sight loose, turned sideways, or missing. Worse, troop might insist they are using the sights properly. Note that if you're sloppy in the fix, you also have the possibility of thread locker in the striker channel.

Best publicly available video I've found for the parts interaction and fix. After you've done a few, you can literally do it in about a minute per gun.

2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب