Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifle duty ammo

Feedback Score

Rifle duty ammo

So… my dept is looking for quotes on a new rifle duty round. I’m the past we use Speer gold dot 55gr and a fed tactical 55gr. We want to switch to a 62gr round. Most guys carry Sbr’s but there are some 16” guns I think 62gr is a good middle weight with the guns being 1x7,1x8 and some 1x9. We want to go to one round to simplify everything for the “lowest” user. While doing some research the past couple days. My brain is fried with the whole this is the best round for this or this is best for that. Now obviously we need a round for pretty much everything. Walls. Cars. Other barriers. People While cost isn’t that big of a deal. If we get a round that’s suitable. We don’t want the most expensive either. Also 62gr is easier to find for general range ammo/. Get on paper and fine tune with duty ammo Any help???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like 62 gr Gold Dot is the answer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Gold Dot or Fusion MSR (not regular Fusion) would likely best suit your needs. I don’t think there’s anything cheaper that is genuinely suitable for LE, and its among the best, coincidentally.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Gold Dot or Fusion MSR (not regular Fusion) would likely best suit your needs. I don’t think there’s anything cheaper that is genuinely suitable for LE, and its among the best, coincidentally.
    Is there any posted accuracy on these rounds

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pretty sure fusion and gold dot are the exact same bullet, gold dot has a coating or lubricant that fusion does not

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    Is there any posted accuracy on these rounds

There is. https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Fe...Dot/16-687846/ The link is to the other site. The thread he has here has lost its pictures.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 454308 View Post
    Pretty sure fusion and gold dot are the exact same bullet, gold dot has a coating or lubricant that fusion does not

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Gold Dot has nickel-plated cases; neither Fusion nor Fusion MSR have that. I’m not convinced it matters.

Regular Fusion does not have the case sealant that Gold Dot and Fusion MSR have.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Do a search for DocGKR's "Recommended List" which is still relevant. Short answer, though, is 62 grain Gold Dot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Gold Dot has nickel-plated cases; neither Fusion nor Fusion MSR have that. I’m not convinced it matters.

Regular Fusion does not have the case sealant that Gold Dot and Fusion MSR have.
    I mainly run Gold Dot in all my guns, but I also have quite a bit of Federal Fusion. I always thought the regular Fusion was better than MSR, but I guess I've never really looked into it. Is the main diff between Fusion and Fusion MSR, just the case sealant?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I mainly run Gold Dot in all my guns, but I also have quite a bit of Federal Fusion. I always thought the regular Fusion was better than MSR, but I guess I've never really looked into it. Is the main diff between Fusion and Fusion MSR, just the case sealant?
    You’ll see slightly more velocity from MSR, and it has all of the reliability-related features you would expect in duty ammo, whereas the regular Fusion is more directed at hunters with bolt guns.
    RLTW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast