Thread: Picked up a 43x

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Question Picked up a 43x

As I posted earlier I purchased a G43 as a supplement to my trusty old G30. I ended up carrying it more and more, enjoying the lightweight and inconspicuous nature of it. A couple weeks ago I was in my LGS and came across a G43x LNIB for $400. Hmmm, okay, I couldn’t resist the temptation so it followed me home. The rain broke long enough last weekend for me to try it out. I did my usual- 50 rounds slow fire at 15 yards to get the feel of it. Then I ran multiple failure drills from 5-25 yards along with shooting some steel out to 40 yards. The pistol was very easy and fun to shoot and accurate to boot. I put the Ghost Inc. +4 extensions on a couple of the magazines and left the others stock and all functioned flawlessly. It’s become my new EDC and my 25+ year old G30 will be relegated to my woods/camping gun. Glock has a winner in these slimline models.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you looked into the Shield Arms 15 rounders for them?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Picked up a 43x

The G43x is a great choice. I hope one day Glock would make a flush 12-15 rounds magazines for them. A couple more rounds won’t hurt.
    And yes, I have seen the Shield Arms magazines, but would prefer stock to not have to change anything.
    In the meantime, I carry a Sig P365X.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve looked into the SA 15 rounders and have read mixed reviews. I prefer OEM magazines for my SD pistols so I am content to carry with the stock 10 rounder and a stock with +4 extension as a reload.

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been using 4 Shield Arms mags for the past two years and haven’t had an issue with any of them. Glock is retarded for not just breaking down and making steel mags for the 43x. The 43x with extended magazines is a very capable handgun.

As I make my transition to red dots on pistols it’s only a matter of time before I get another 43x dedicated for a red dot.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I’ve looked into the SA 15 rounders and have read mixed reviews. I prefer OEM magazines for my SD pistols so I am content to carry with the stock 10 rounder and a stock with +4 extension as a reload.
    This is the sights I have found to be great on the G43/43//43x/48

Comes with Orange or Lime Green front sight. I believe these ar close to the sights used on Shadow Systems.
    They come in 2 sizes, 19/17/34 and for the 42-40 Ample U shaped rear sight like Trijicon HDXR
    Works for MOS guns because they do not hang over the rear of the slide.

s-l300.jpg

Midway has the orange and they call the set UC Night Sights

992533.jpg
    Last edited by RWH24; 12-17-22 at 01:55.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    This is the sights I have found to be great on the G43/43//43x/48

Comes with Orange or Lime Green front sight. I believe these ar close to the sights used on Shadow Systems.
    They come in 2 sizes, 19/17/34 and for the 42-40 Ample U shaped rear sight like Trijicon HDXR
    Works for MOS guns because they do not hang over the rear of the slide.

s-l300.jpg

Midway has the orange and they call the set UC Night Sights

992533.jpg
    Those look good, I haven’t decided what sights I want yet. Traditionally I have gone with Trijicon (I have some 25+ years old that still are very usable in low light) but there seem to be a lot of good options out there today.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Those look good, I haven’t decided what sights I want yet. Traditionally I have gone with Trijicon (I have some 25+ years old that still are very usable in low light) but there seem to be a lot of good options out there today.
    Years ago, I read or heard, Trijicon produces the luminescent ampules for Ameriglo. I have Trijicon on every pistol without a MRDS, except a LEO trade in M&P9mm 1.0. Factory S&W Night Sights. My Trijicon sights dim after 8 to 10 years, dead after 12-14 years. I had a Sig 239 OEM Siglite NS die after 15 years and my P226 is dead at 18 years. My old eyes like the HDXR Orange.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Years ago, I read or heard, Trijicon produces the luminescent ampules for Ameriglo. I have Trijicon on every pistol without a MRDS, except a LEO trade in M&P9mm 1.0. Factory S&W Night Sights. My Trijicon sights dim after 8 to 10 years, dead after 12-14 years. I had a Sig 239 OEM Siglite NS die after 15 years and my P226 is dead at 18 years. My old eyes like the HDXR Orange.
    I picked up a set of Ameriglo traditional 3 dot night sights for $60. The familiar sight picture reminds me of my old Trijicon night sights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have Ameriglo Hackathons on mine, but it is also at Jagerwerks right now getting milled.