Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner T6xi 1-6

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Why not a 1x8 or 10? The Vortex Razor 1x10 is only a couple hundred more and only 1oz heavier. Are there any downsides to more magnification?
    I have two Gen 3 1-10 razors, and a Gen2 1-6, and a Leupold MK6 1-6.

The Steiner is way less then 1 oz less then the Razors. The stat sheet says 20 oz but I weight it next to my Khales 1-6 before I sold itnand they were almost the same. I thought I took a picture of it but didn't. I could weight it but don't want to unmount it and rezero right now as it is my go to gun. I will do that if I need to do some maintenance.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post

The Steiner is way less then 1 oz less then the Razors. The stat sheet says 20 oz but I weight it next to my Khales 1-6 before I sold itnand they were almost the same. I thought I took a picture of it but didn't. I could weight it but don't want to unmount it and rezero right now as it is my go to gun. I will do that if I need to do some maintenance.
    According to the the specs the Razor gen3 1x10 weighs 21.5 oz and the T6Xi weighs 20 oz

The T6Xi says it has exposed and capped turrets for user preference. Thats a plus.
    Last edited by prepare; 01-03-23 at 19:04.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score

How does the T6Xi compare to your Razor 1x10? Interested in your thoughts. I find the 1x6 to be the sweet spot for making fast hits inside 400 yards.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    How does the T6Xi compare to your Razor 1x10? Interested in your thoughts. I find the 1x6 to be the sweet spot for making fast hits inside 400 yards.
    The Razor 1-10 is the best LPVO out there. It is just as fast as the Gen 2 1-6, up to 6X. After 6x you need to adjust a bit. But that completely understandable. The retical is way better then most LPVOs and it is super bright.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    According to the the specs the Razor gen3 1x10 weighs 21.5 oz and the T6Xi weighs 20 oz

The T6Xi says it has exposed and capped turrets for user preference. Thats a plus.
    I know what the stats sheets say, and I know what I weighted them in at, as I have all of the scopes that I mentioned, expect for the Khalas 1-6 that I sold.

Feedback Score
    The Razor 1-10 is the best LPVO out there. It is just as fast as the Gen 2 1-6, up to 6X. After 6x you need to adjust a bit. But that completely understandable. The retical is way better then most LPVOs and it is super bright.
    Appreciate the feedback. What role does the T6Xi fill that the Razor 1x10 can't?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Appreciate the feedback. What role does the T6Xi fill that the Razor 1x10 can't?
    It is lighter, I have a RMR on top for Passive NV. I also like the recital better at 1X. That rifle is more of a GP and I only go to 6x mag if need be.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The PA Platinum 1-8x Compact is 16.95 oz. Superb scope at any price, even more so at its cost of entry. It does give up some brightness in the brightest conditions compared to the Razor 1-10x though. But if you're looking for lightweight, best field of view in the category, excellent eyebox, superb glass, and a great price, I would strongly recommend people take a look at it.

I would love to compare it in hand to the Steiner. Have been thinking of replacing an older LVPO, and was just going to get another PA, but now I'm wondering if the Steiner would be a good alternative or not.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

This is interesting (and good to know) about the weight of the Steiner being near same as the Kahles. One of the main reasons I got my K16i was the 16.9oz weight. I assume since you sold off your Kahles K16i you prefer the LPVOs you kept, would you say the below comparison is accurate in your opinion? Also have if you had any time with a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 or Kahles K18i, where they would fit in the mix? TIA.

Gen 3 1-10 Razor > Steiner T6xi 1-6 > Gen2 1-6 Razor, > Leupold MK6 1-6 > Kahles K16i
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    This is interesting (and good to know) about the weight of the Steiner being near same as the Kahles. One of the main reasons I got my K16i was the 16.9oz weight. I assume since you sold off your Kahles K16i you prefer the LPVOs you kept, would you say the below comparison is accurate in your opinion? Also have if you had any time with a Nightforce ATACR 1-8 or Kahles K18i, where they would fit in the mix? TIA.

Gen 3 1-10 Razor > Steiner T6xi 1-6 > Gen2 1-6 Razor, > Leupold MK6 1-6 > Steiner PXI 1-4 >NightForce NX8 1-8(Also Sold off)> Kahles K16i
    ^
    I would say tat this is a correct assessment, with edit.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast