Thread: Glock 17 Gen 3

Feedback Score

Glock 17 Gen 3

Was at a local store the other day browsing the handgun displays. Noticed a G17 that wasn't the usual Gen 5's that I always see. Examined it and Counter Guy said that it was a Gen 4. No markings other than "Austria" and the other usual marks. Decided to put it on layaway (new truck tires left me a little short).

After a bit of research, it's a Gen 3. I was under the impression that Glock had discontinued the Gen 3's, but evidently it's the Gen 4's that have been discontinued from civilian sales and restricted to LE sales and service (at least in the US market).

Presumably the current Gen 3's have the nDLC treatment instead of the older Tenifer. Have the internals seen any upgrades over the years?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gen 3s will never be discontinued, as they are the only Glocks on the CA approval list.

I have a 34 Gen 3 that is newer than my P80 (retro). I mainly picked it up for the ability to swap slides with the P80… I actually like a 34 without a rail.

That being said, a 26 is on my list… but it will be a Gen 5. I’m issued a 19 Gen 5, and if I get anything else, maybe a 47. I don’t see myself getting another Gen 3 or a Gen 4.