Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Glock 47

Feedback Score

The upcoming Glock 47

It sounds like Glock rearranged some parts, put a new number on the slide, and is introducing a new product. They'll probably sell a lot of them.

"Originally introduced quietly by Glock in 2019, the Glock 47 was a contract-only gun for Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection agents. A full-size 9mm pistol with a 17-round capacity and the Glock MOS optics mounting system, the Glock 47 is similar to the Glock 17 MOS – almost identical, on paper."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...oming-in-2023/
    Last edited by Slater; 12-18-22 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Being with CBP, I’ll likely get one. OFO only is issued the 19, and I do like the larger option. A friend on the agency marksmanship team was also issued the 47, and seems like a good pistol.

I was more shocked they didn’t roll it out as the 17 Gen 5, especially with the switch to 19 locking blocks.

But I do like the idea about swapping the 19 frame. I will likely have to either buy a 19 frame or complete gun to do it… as I wouldn’t do it to an agency gun. But I feel the 47 slide/19 frame will turn into a 30S situation.

Feedback Score
    Saw this earlier. I guess I'm indifferent. They made it for .gov so they could swap between 4 and 5inch slides?

Feedback Score
    I heard or read about this somewhere earlier, but can't remember where.
    I first thought the G47 was only going to be available to U.S. Government or "CBP" employees as a personal purchase, only, however.
    Now it appears anybody will be able to order or buy one, "Blue Label" pricing or not (which I don't think was specified in the referenced article).

Many folks like the ability to mix and match slide assemblies, barrels, calibers, or anything else which can be swapped or modified without doing much, if any, permanent modifications to the components.
    Other folks want to have and experience every Glock (or any other brand/model) ever made.
    Some will keep these guns forever, while others seem to constantly buying and off-loading/selling the guns they just don't like too much.

I'm somewhere in-between and try to shoot or carry everything I own during a year. I don't know my exact firearms count, but with ~20 firearms, it keeps me quite busy at the range to maintain some degree of competence with long guns, Glocks, SIGs, and revolvers. I know I'm missing out on experiencing many brands/models, but there's only so much time and so much money I have available with everything else going on in life.

I do look forward to seeing how folks will like and use this G47. especially if they already have a G19, G17, and G45 in their personal armories, among other Glocks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    Saw this earlier. I guess I'm indifferent. They made it for .gov so they could swap between 4 and 5inch slides?
    When CBP put out the solicitation, they stated that they wanted three sizes; full size, compact and subcompact. The compact and full size needed to share X amount of parts between them. This came down to the recoil assembly.

CBP is actually the largest Federal L/E agency. OFO and BP make up the most, with AMO being more specialized (OFO and BP both have their own specialize units; SRT and BORTAC). Having to buy one set of parts for both pistols makes supply A LOT easier.

Being able to swap slides is an extra benefit for that. But I don’t believe BP swaps their slides to make a 45 or whatever you want to call a 47 slide/19 frame.

If you look into the solicitation, Glock also made a specific 26 for CBP. It has a slightly longer grip that didn’t have that magazine insert… plus an 11 round magazine. Magazine bases for CBP guns are elongated, which we’ve heard that BP has had issues with. From what I heard, it was only with the 47 and they cleared switching to standard Glock bases. Haven’t heard any issues with OFO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have all three models (G19 Gen 3, G17 Gen 3 and G45). Having the G47 longer slide or a complete G47 would be nice. It would be a better choice than the G17 Gen 3.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Screwball,

What are the issues with elongated base plates you are hearing about? I did not carry a 47, Just a 19. Just wondering what you have heard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    Screwball,

What are the issues with elongated base plates you are hearing about? I did not carry a 47, Just a 19. Just wondering what you have heard.
    To be honest, I forget.

That being said, I’m back to work on 12/24. I can jump on the firearms page and reread it. I’ll put a reminder in my phone to do it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    When CBP put out the solicitation, they stated that they wanted three sizes; full size, compact and subcompact. The compact and full size needed to share X amount of parts between them. This came down to the recoil assembly.

CBP is actually the largest Federal L/E agency. OFO and BP make up the most, with AMO being more specialized (OFO and BP both have their own specialize units; SRT and BORTAC). Having to buy one set of parts for both pistols makes supply A LOT easier.

Being able to swap slides is an extra benefit for that. But I don’t believe BP swaps their slides to make a 45 or whatever you want to call a 47 slide/19 frame.

If you look into the solicitation, Glock also made a specific 26 for CBP. It has a slightly longer grip that didn’t have that magazine insert… plus an 11 round magazine. Magazine bases for CBP guns are elongated, which we’ve heard that BP has had issues with. From what I heard, it was only with the 47 and they cleared switching to standard Glock bases. Haven’t heard any issues with OFO.
    Wow, I would like to see more about this one. Any pictures/information would be welcomed.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Wow, I would like to see more about this one. Any pictures/information would be welcomed.
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...glock-g47-cbp/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast