Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Glock 47

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Wow, I would like to see more about this one. Any pictures/information would be welcomed.
    https://imgur.com/a/pl7WewP
    https://imgur.com/a/pZUhyqE

The magwell is flared and the grip is slightly longer than a standard 26.5. Neither Glock nor Magpul 12-rd mags will catch but it comes with its own 11-rounders so there's that.

Feedback Score
    So is this Glock’s way of competing with the versatility of the Sig P320 series?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    To be honest, I forget.

That being said, I’m back to work on 12/24. I can jump on the firearms page and reread it. I’ll put a reminder in my phone to do it.
    Thanks, I bought some extra mags from Glock and use them on my personal 19. No more access for me, retired.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Basically they made 17 length slides that use G45/19X/19 Recoil Springs so it works with the G45/19X/19 Frame?
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Basically they made 17 length slides that use G45/19X/19 Recoil Springs so it works with the G45/19X/19 Frame?
    Yes… it was done for parts commonality.

When you have the numbers of pistols in hands of officers/agents that CBP does, with two different sizes, it is easier to have just one recoil assembly.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yes… it was done for parts commonality.

When you have the numbers of pistols in hands of officers/agents that CBP does, with two different sizes, it is easier to have just one recoil assembly.
    Oh I agree. It’s a damn smart idea and makes me want one for that reason. I love my G45 tho as is.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So why not just ship it with the G19 frame when it comes out on the civilian market and be done with it. This seems to be the combination most people want, no?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    So why not just ship it with the G19 frame when it comes out on the civilian market and be done with it. This seems to be the combination most people want, no?
    Not really. I don't get the desire for an extra .75in or so on the G19. I think it's really just a bunch of internet dudes who 'want' that. And 'mah site raidius' goes out the window the minute you step into the 21st century with a RDS (if the extra .75 in made any measurable difference, which is debatable.)

The only reason Glock is releasing this variant is because it won them a DHS contract and they are already making them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    The internet seems to believe so but every company that launches a pistol in a similar configuration has trouble selling them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    Thanks, I bought some extra mags from Glock and use them on my personal 19. No more access for me, retired.
    Sorry, past two days were long…

Went on the Firearms SharePoint… couldn’t find anything specific. Just a video on how to remove the base and install a standard Glock base.

Talked to one of our F/Is, and he said he heard it was related to the base hitting or catching the seatbelt or something else in the center console area with BP. He said he didn’t hear anything happening with the 19s, just the 47s… so it sort made it a non-issue for OFO.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast