Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The upcoming Glock 47

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    So is this Glock’s way of competing with the versatility of the Sig P320 series?
    No. It is Glock's way of meeting requirements of a solicitation trial in which P320 also competed but didn't get selected.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Sorry, past two days were long…

Went on the Firearms SharePoint… couldn’t find anything specific. Just a video on how to remove the base and install a standard Glock base.

Talked to one of our F/Is, and he said he heard it was related to the base hitting or catching the seatbelt or something else in the center console area with BP. He said he didn’t hear anything happening with the 19s, just the 47s… so it sort made it a non-issue for OFO.
    Ok, thanks for the info. Don't carry any more but that's why I carried a 19. Smaller when sitting down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My G47 has been solid to date. Should it be replacing the Gen5 G17 MOS? Who knows...

https://rumble.com/v26xhjw-new-gen5-...os-review.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    Saw this earlier. I guess I'm indifferent. They made it for .gov so they could swap between 4 and 5inch slides?
    from my understanding is they made the 17 and 19 the same just pick your grip.

That said im thinking of getting a g17.5 in the next couple weeks to go with my 19.4 and 19.5

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    from my understanding is they made the 17 and 19 the same just pick your grip.

That said im thinking of getting a g17.5 in the next couple weeks to go with my 19.4 and 19.5
    The 47 was spec’d to use the same recoil spring as the 19 to meet a certain number of common parts between them.

Has nothing to do with swapping slides and grips.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The 47 was spec’d to use the same recoil spring as the 19 to meet a certain number of common parts between them.

Has nothing to do with swapping slides and grips.
    could have sworn I saw a video showing just that last week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The internet seems to believe so but every company that launches a pistol in a similar configuration has trouble selling them.
    Who did something similar? The only thing(s) coming to mind is the Colt Commander top on an Officer ACP frame that I think has come and gone a few times since introduction around 20 years ago. Not super expensive, but above the cost range of similar purpose pistols. I believe Wilson Combat and some other custom shops have done kinda production/kinda custom models of 4" to 4-1/4" uppers on compact frames at even higher prices.

Other than that, I recall some shops like Behlert/Leckie doing that to Hi Powers and a few other models, but really only recall production pistols going the shorter top end on a full size frame route.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had a Dan Wesson CCO aluminum frame 9mm. It would have been the carry gun to rule em all if it would have been reliable..

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Saw one today. Neat. I don't have a reason for one but I would probably get one if I was in the market for a 17.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I think they'll sell a lot of them to folks who just want the latest Glock in the lineup.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast