Thread: 88grain ELD's out of our Bolt guns

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

88grain ELD's out of our Bolt guns

Mark loaded up some 88grain ELDs and the load was awesome. It shot comparable to the 6.5CM DOPE wise and accuracy wise AND the ability to put lead on targets. It was amazing.

One strange thing that happened: when we shot it out of the Rem700 5R (1/9 twist) , it shot OK but the "report" or sound was so weird we thought end cap strike for sure. I mean it was so out of the ordinary it completely freaked us out. We shot it first without a can and had ears on so didn't notice.

But when we shot it out of the Tikka (1/8 twist), it ran like a charm and sounded normal. It has to be the twist rate but has anyone ever heard such a thing. I mean nobody would have been able to ignore this screech if you will.

It made me just love the Tikka because I was worried this gun would not do anything better than the 5R, but it shined.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 88s sounded very weird out of the 1/9 twist thru a 30 cal can. We shot some 69 gr right after and the suppression sounded normal.

We quit running them for fear of a baffle strike even though they seemed to spin right.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v