Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New LMT MWS firing pin spring

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

New LMT MWS firing pin spring

Via LMT's website: "Firing pin spring for our .308 BCG (LM308D and LM308DA). Intended to reduce the chance of slam fires when using match primers".

Anyone have information on this. I have a friend that just built an MWS and his new carrier had this spring in it. So I bought a few spares to put into my MWS BCG's.

Interesting huh. Jack you out there Buddy, does Knights have this?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-19-22 at 17:18.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    They've been in the Geneseo (now Arizona) Armalites since the beginning. The AR-10 / LMT MWS bolt carrier group is WAY heavier than the 5.56 AR's -- with the additional mass and spring that's a LOT of inertia.

Not really a big difference when talking about military primer cups. Federal Gold Medal Match primers may be a different issue.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    They've been in the Geneseo (now Arizona) Armalites since the beginning. The AR-10 / LMT MWS bolt carrier group is WAY heavier than the 5.56 AR's -- with the additional mass and spring that's a LOT of inertia.

Not really a big difference when talking about military primer cups. Federal Gold Medal Match primers may be a different issue.
    Sinister, do you think its a good thing or stupid?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think it's a good idea. Standard M4s and carbines can often leave a slight inertia dimple on primers from firing pin kisses. Again, the big-frame BCG is moving along with a heavier firing pin.

Armalite and Larue use them, and apparently LMT (with decades experience) is starting as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The LMT 308 E-BCG I grabbed in 2021 had the FP Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'll take a slam fire over a broken cam pin any day, but the spring sounds like a good idea.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I think it's a good idea. Standard M4s and carbines can often leave a slight inertia dimple on primers from firing pin kisses. Again, the big-frame BCG is moving along with a heavier firing pin.

Armalite and Larue use them, and apparently LMT (with decades experience) is starting as well.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    PB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My last BCG came with one. Joe said it was for match 6.5 CM, maybe Hornady ELDs and such. I've never had a problem with FGMM.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought some spares and installed in all 3 of my MWS guns. I had that one crazy explosion so I thought, I hope this helps...maybe.

PB

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought some spares and installed in all 3 of my MWS guns. I had that one crazy explosion so I thought, I hope this helps...maybe.

PB

I missed this when you posted about the springs in December. I had a slam fire with with my MWS and a round of Federal Gold Medal Sierra MatchKing 7.62x51mm NATO 175 gr ammo about 2 years ago. I just placed my order for a spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast