Thread: Alliant Powder Alert

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Alliant Powder Alert

After not seeing any Alliant Rifle Powders (AR Comp specifically) for more than a year, it's seems that some are now available. The prices are of course breathtaking high, but if you have needs....

https://www.precisionreloading.com/c...p#!l=PDR&i=AR8

I'm sitting on a pile of TAC (at way less than $300. for 8 lbs) so my ardor for Alliants offering has waned a bit. I'm still on the lookout for Alliant Power Pro Varmint, and none has been seen for near 2 years.

Feedback Score
    Thanks
    Been looking for over a year.
    Probably wait & see if prices come down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. Our local supplier mentioned it in an email blast. I don't think I've ever used it. I quit even clicking on powder arrival alerts anymore because the prices are so insane.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    For what it's worth a few shooting buddies & I put in an order @ Powder Valley, they had a pretty good selection. Total with shipping & hazmat was around $1500 bucks, yea a few days before Christmas,LOL I think we bought 2 8LB jugs of Varget, I got a 8-lb jug of TAC and others some H4831SC some Triple 7 magnum pellets (Black Powder I guess), and 1K of the Small Pistol Primers. They also had IMR 4064 and a few other good IMR powders & overall a decent selection. The stuff is out there & seems to be getting better but still, not everything is available but it's coming around, and hopefully, in time it will get even better. My TAC with splitting Haz/Shipping was $243.90,so that's $30.50 per LB delivered. Do I wish it was cheaper, sure do, but will it ever be,, who knows? I guess if you want/need it, go for it. Varget was $316 before haz & ship for those interested.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't mind some Varget next year some time. We're starting to run it in a 223 heavy bullet load recently.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wouldn't mind some Varget next year sometime. We're starting to run it in a 223-heavy bullet load recently.
    Yea it sure seems like its out there now, I debated between the Varget & the TAC, but I have 7LB of Varget now and just figured I will wait it out till spring,the TAC is one of my load in bulk 556 powders and with Winter here I'll do more loading than shooting. I know this is an Alliant kinda thread and there are some options out there & I almost got a jug of Power Pistol but held off, but like I say it seems like things are coming around some. Hell, even my local gun guy says he is gonna start stocking powder again after the 1st of the year! I know him & I'm sure it will be $50 bucks an lb but for the goobers that buy one pound a year they will be happy just to get it, LOL Midsouth has had H4350 for a week now & that has not been around for 2 years it seems, at least not in quantity. Keep looking & keep digging guys, I think it's "finally" getting better, at least the supply, but the prices have a little work to do, LOL

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It will be well into next year before I'd get nervous about powder so I'm mostly on the sideline. No point in feeding into the frenzy if I don't have an immediate need.