Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best factory 223 / 556 ammo options for purchase

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Best factory 223 / 556 ammo options for purchase

One of our shooting buddies ask what is the best 69 or 77 grain factory ammo to buy? Best value option. I would suggest Black Hills but it cost a fortune. Any ideas appreciated.

He bought some 68 grain Frontier that is OK for the price but fall apart past 700 yards.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    IMI 77 gr is a close clone of mk 262 and their 69 gr OTM has shot well for me too PB.
    Usually readily available from SGAmmo. Cheaper than BHs.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been pleased with IMI 77gr SMK. Especially for the price.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    68gr Frontier is genuinely dangerous.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    IMI 77 gr is a close clone of mk 262 and their 69 gr OTM has shot well for me too PB.
    Usually readily available from SGAmmo. Cheaper than BHs.
    This. Went to a prs gas gun event in March and almost everyone shooting 5.56 was using the IMI 77s.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    68gr Frontier is genuinely dangerous.
    That shit is awful. He (our buddy) was slinging it at 900 yards and just chasing his ass. I make him follow up with our 69gr RMRs and that's when it really sunk in that good ammo makes a big difference.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    69-grain Federal Gold Medal Match.

Black Hills 77-grain Sierra Match King (Red Box / all-new components generally better than Blue Box using processed, once-fired brass).
    Black Hills 73-Berger (Red Box).

Atlanta Arms 77-grain Sierra Match King.

I don't have personal experience, but I'm told Australian ADI 69 and 77 Match offerings are very good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I don't have personal experience, but I'm told Australian ADI 69 and 77 Match offerings are very good.
    That Outback Steakhouse 69 gr ammo is killer! Comes loaded with extruded powder. Pappabear bought a case or two back when it was dirt cheap. Should have bought a pallet of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Imi 77gr razorcore, from the few boxes I've shot it is loaded hot.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm about to test some various out of my 18 build with a Rainier 18 ultra match barrel running a rugged razor suppressor

My day of choice it will be clear and minus 15 below zero or should i wait till it's 20 above zero for best results.

I plan on picking some other brands up locally in the similar grain weights.

This is nothing serious mainly because..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast