Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate Galil Ace: 13" Gen 1 5.56x45 that takes rock-n-lock magazines

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure that the barrel is threaded into the receiver.

The magazines are definitely not as easy to load as AR15 magazines. When I read "Hard to load", I immediately thought of the Mag Lula.

Feedback Score
    I submitted the form 1 early this morning. Paid $200 stamp like I usually do since I bought it as a pistol (no brace). It was weird submitting the 5320.23’s with digital pics and digital signatures. We’ll see how long it takes considering it took them nearly 11 months to process my eform 4 recently.

Edited to add: You still have to mail finger print cards and they email you a cover sheet for it FYI. They now offer FBI electronic fingerprints, but I have no clue how to get set up for that. Silencershop is what I am using for my prints still.
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 03-24-23 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    Form 4's are taking forever. Form 1's are about a month or so. Why this is the case, I have no idea. It's the exact same background check.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used a service I found online to get an EFT. Has worked on 3 eF1s so far and no problems. I took a spare fingerprint card I had from Silencershop, mailed it to them, and had the EFT in about a week. Should have done it last year.

Feedback Score
    IWI saw my pics and said the color is normal. Funny how my other ACEs have gray bolts. Definitely not the same hue. Either way I am not worried.

Feedback Score
    Got my tax stamp back today (total time was 3/24-4/25/23). Approximately 30 days.

Only issue I had was they DO WANT signed 5320-23s. Do not fall for the electronic signature crap. Had to resubmit the 5320-23 copies with ink signatures. Everything else was simple. It is nice that you get to upload the pictures for the 5320-23s and can include them on the pdf file (I have Adobe Acrobat which helps of course). Just make sure you print and physically INK sign the 5320-23s. I have no clue why they included electronic signatures on the forms if they want them ink signed.

Whatever. I got my stamp. When I get time, I will install the stock and post a range report. I already got the gun engraved last week.

Bret, any idea what type of Midwest Industries handguard would fit? length etc? I have yet to disassemble mine and play with it. I do think I will re-install the Galil lower module to see if that makes inserting magazines easier. I have trouble inserting magazines with the KNS plastic delete installed (unlike my 7.62x39 models I own).

Feedback Score
    I have no idea regarding the Midwest Industries handguard options. When it comes to handguards, I prefer plastic, then wood, then metal. I do find the Ace's factory handguard kind of bulky though.

Feedback Score
    Finally got everything together. 10” Midwest Industries handguard, Keymo flash hider. Sandman K, KNS piston, KNS lower, BCM pistol grip and factory IWI buttstock (which I actually like).

This is bar none the best 5.56 AK variant I have used. Now I need an optic and light.

iphone is not letting me add a pic. Will add later

Edited to add pic.......well my PC is not letting me upload a pic either. Will try later8-23-23 Galil ACE 556.jpg
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 08-24-23 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    It looks great. What's that plastic magazine in the picture? Is it for a Zastava 5.56x45?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    It looks great. What's that plastic magazine in the picture? Is it for a Zastava 5.56x45?
    Nope, South African. It actually locks into the magwell easier than the newly manufactured IWI steel mags. It does not possess a bolt hold open follower though.

https://www.frontier-armory.com/prod...lymer-magazine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast