Thread: Glock 21 question

Feedback Score

Glock 21 question

Is there any real difference between the G21 Gen 4 and the G21 Short Frame? Dimensionally they seem to be the same.

Feedback Score
    Having both, With the gen 4 with out the back strap feels the same as the SF frame. At least feels like it to me with my hands. Besides the texture, I am pretty sure they are the same. I can break them apart and take pics if you need me to. What exactly do you want to measure or compare?
    Last edited by robbins290; 12-27-22 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Having both, With the gen 4 with out the back strap feels the same as the SF frame. At least feels like it to me with my hands. Besides the texture, I am pretty sure they are the same. I can break them apart and take pics if you need me to. What exactly do you want to measure or compare?
    Nothing specific. Looking at the specs on both I couldn't see any significant difference between the two.

Feedback Score
    Gotcha, let us know if you end up getting one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Gen 3 G21 Short Frame and the Gen 4 have the same "Girth" dimensions around the grip. The biggest differences are in length of the magazine release button and the grip texturing.

Glock can't sell their Gen 4 or 5 pistols to civilians in California (they're not on the California Attorney General's "Approved for import and sale" roster), thus the Gen 3 Short Frame.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a 21 that I thought was called a slim frame, is that different than short frame?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I had a 21 that I thought was called a slim frame, is that different than short frame?

PB
    I think early on, most people(me included) thought it was slim frame, but the frame width was always the same as a non SF 21. The difference is the distance from the front to rear of the grip.

Best I can recall, the original 21 SF had a 1913 rail(and apparently a standard Glock rail model that is rare) PLUS an ambi mag release that was not reliable before they settled on stock Glock rail and standard mag release.

Feedback Score
    Not a big enough deal to start a new thread… but have a look-see here!! Might be right up your alley, OP:

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g21-gen5-mos

I know most won’t be as excited as I am about it but I have been waiting for this day since Gen 5s we’re first announced.

Now if only they’d get it together in a hurry and put out a Gen 5 Glock 30 that has the slide dimensions of the 30S and a longer grip to accommodate a 10rd Mag that’s NOT extended. You know… Glock 19 dimensions but in a .45acp package with 10+1 rounds.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.