Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Optic cuts for 1911's?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Maye buy a cheap beater slide as a test subject? I'm still stuck trying to decide between footprints and RCR, Acro, RFX45 and one other contender... though I wish RCR had launched with the improvements like ring-dot reticle of the RMR HD.
    I have great confidence in Vulcan so, it will either be a TRP or CRG. I'm struggling that choice though.
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here are some pics of my Girsan slide (bottom) compared to what CHPWS normally does. Note how my plate is located back an eighth of an inch or more. Note how the rear sight sits more or less flush with the rear of the slide while the other pics (top) show the plate slightly forward with a small wall or ledge behind the rear sight.

This wall serves as somewhat of a brace point for the plate. Unfortunately the factory RMSc mounting holes in my slide interfered with drilling new holes so C&H had to set the plate back a bit. I guess the other option would have been to cut the plate into the usual spot and then just drill and tap two holes instead of four and hope that two screws would be enough to anchor the plate.

The C&H tech who did the machining called me before doing the work. He said he was confident that the plate would be secure without the rear wall. The combination of four screws and the cross matter interface should be enough to keep things tight.

Anyway, the install work seems good. The plate appears to be fully seated against the slide with no visible gaps underneath and just a hair's width of a gap between the slide and plate behind the ejection port.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...30b82b49d4.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1f32f85f6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-10-23 at 06:54.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Glock 19.5 MOS with a Hills in 507 and Ameriglo sights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I went with a DPO/DUO cut to give me the flexibility of plates.
    A shop out of California is offering the Dawson cut.

https://dualhammer.com/products/daws...sion-optic-cut

No personal experience. Just passing along the information.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another slide cut option.

https://www.abprototype.com/slide-mi...1911-and-2011/

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After deciding I was going all in on an RDS on my 1911's, I did a fair amount of research and shot a few classes with a TRP Op I picked up locally that had a CHPWS cut and cross plate with a Holosun 507c. No rub on C&H but I much prefer a direct mounted optic. After researching again and making some phone calls, I went with Green Tick Tactical Solutions. I could not be happier with the results....communication was excellent, price and work was outstanding, and turnaround time was super quick at approximately 3- 4 weeks. I have sent 5 DW 1911s to GTTS and all have been perfect on return. I have run more than 2K rounds through each of the pistols and the optics have been rock solid on all of them. I almost hate to recommend them as I don't want their turnaround time to go through the roof, but Jesse does such good work he deserves the business IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234