Thread: Norinco M14 tanker

Feedback Score

Norinco M14 tanker

Almost five years ago I bought a Norinco M305, brand new, still full of Chinese cosmoline. It was a chore to clean

I proceeded to DMR it with an Archangel stock, CASM scope mount and Vortex scope and a Magpul bipod as well as some internal upgrades.

Good experience, taught me quite a bit about this platform.

Now LGS had this short barrel Norinco M14 with a (poorly) home painted synthetic stock with a sling and three mags, which I took home for $ 700

I understand this is the US importer, China Jin Ahn, Southfield Michigan.

Gave it a quick function test at the 50 m indoor range

I put the wooden stock on it for now. I might have the synthetic stock repainted professionally, maybe a camo pattern

The Norinco pair

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That’s an awesome find! Never heard of Norinco Tanker M- 1A/M14 at least not in the US. Original GI fiberglass stocks are not as plentiful here in the US as much as they used be, I’d refurbish it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    That’s an awesome find! Never heard of Norinco Tanker M- 1A/M14 at least not in the US. Original GI fiberglass stocks are not as plentiful here in the US as much as they used be, I’d refurbish it!
    The import mark on the receiver is "Springfield, Michigan", which is one of the places that brought them here into the States back in the day. Interesting......wonder what the back-story is on how it made it's way to Switzerland?

OLIAR15, do you speak English as well as you write it? Your sentences are clearer than some people who live here!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-31-22 at 15:14.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score

Norinco M14 tanker

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The import mark on the receiver is "Springfield, Michigan", which is one of the places that brought them here into the States back in the day. Interesting......wonder what the back-story is on how it made it's way to Switzerland?

OLIAR15, do you speak English as well as you write it? Your sentences are clearer than some people who live here!
    That’s kind of you. I started learning / speaking English when I was 15 and I have been speaking English every working day of my life since I am 22 (54 now). So I hope it’s fairly good for a 3rd language. I also have a lot of English speaking colleagues and business partners from all over, UK, USA, Australia, South Africa and so on.

And I must admit I like the English language a lot, watch all US/UK movies in original version, read books in English etc..
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 12-31-22 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Funny how the Chicom M14s are more reliable and better built than the crap coming out of Springfield Armory these days.
    Forward Ascertainment Group