Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who buys a .45 these days, I guess me

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have my Dad's German P220 which is Duo Toned in NP3. I ought to get a pic uploaded.
    I went on a SIG P220 kick back in the early 2000s; I had a couple of blued, full Nickel and Two Toned guns All the guns came over blued and SIG USA had Klein plating to the Nickel work or Two toned. There are some exceptions of earlier guns having finishes done in Germany but most of the 90s SIG had it done at Klein. The Klein work was exceptional and the full Nickel guns were a sight to behold.

Only have the 1 original now; at times having one Nickel would be nice to have, but that exercise taught me I was not a collector but a shooter, so my 'safe queens' are few.

It probably has 5-7K rounds through it, I've changed the springs / breechblock pins in it as well but I don't shoot any of my remaining 45s often (SIG, HK45C, and Colt 1911). In fact if I had more than 200 rds of 45 on me, I would be surprised.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Rhino, I am with you. I have very few safe queens. A few but only a few. I bought my Buddies 1/500 KAC taupe painted SR15 that he wouldn't run the CH, much less shoot it. He was thrilled to know I took it to the range every weekend for a years. But he couldn't make himself do it. But he is the guy with 3 MP5's and shoots only one.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have 2 .45's. A Springfield Vickers Master Class 1911 and a M&P Midsized I haven't shot the M&P in a couple of years. However, I shoot the 1911 quite a bit. Overall though the M&P is the most accurate of all the handguns I own.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just picked up my Holosun from the post office. There is a good reason they termed the phrase GO POSTAL. But I do have it now, will be ready to sling them this weekend. Grabbed a 507 NIB for $275, happy with that deal.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I'm looking at a Glock 21 Gen 4. G21's seem to be somewhat under the radar these days.
    I bought one as used at a pawn shop. It was smooth, slick while racking the slide. Only issue was it only had 1 magazine.
    AIM Surplus had used G 21 mags for 14 or 15 bucks, picked up 6.
    I bought the G21 because the G20 was OOS or a bazillion dollars.
    G20's loosened up and found 1 at Blue Label price. I am fond of 45 acp and can't get rid of it.
    I also bought a 10 to 40 barrel so I can help a friend burn up his stash. He likes my G20 gen 4 frame/heft better than his G22 gen 4.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    What's everyone's favorite Compact / Sub Compact .45 acp / .45 gap?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    HK45C. LEM or DA/SA. I prefer the DA/SA. It’s a pretty good size gun, but honestly it’s probably one of the best out there. The G30 is nice as well.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Have a late 70’s era (pre 80 series), two tone, Jim Hoag “Combat Commander” that shoots well and has sentimental value.
    My personal favorite. Arguably a “compact”.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    HK45C. LEM or DA/SA. I prefer the DA/SA. It’s a pretty good size gun, but honestly it’s probably one of the best out there. The G30 is nice as well.
    All the .45 HK's have paddle mag releases, don't they?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Have a late 70’s era (pre 80 series), two tone, Jim Hoag “Combat Commander” that shoots well and has sentimental value.
    My personal favorite. Arguably a “compact”.
    I'm looking to buy a smaller .45. Smaller than the S&W M&P 2.0 I have, anyway.

An alluminum @4 in 1911 isn't ruled out.

I bought a new G30 G4 a year or two ago. Was not only too fat but it threw every casing in my face.

A buddy had a G39. Threw too many cases in my face. And was just not a good balance. (Short grip)

I'm going to get a G38 from him and see how that goes. If it it works okay and I get it to not throw cases at me I'll have the grip completely redone and get a slide cut.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast