Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just curious, does anyone still run a P60 wml? (6P, L2, G2..etc)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    What modules are you running?
    I have no idea. I can't remember, but nothing nice. Some of the beams are too focused for indoor, so I run them on longer barrel guns for outdoor stuff.

Just last month I saw a grey L2P on eBay for over 1k! I had a damn grey L2p that I lost!
    If I only knew then, what I know now…
    Why would someone pay a premium for a chinese knock off? I have a gray L2p on my BCM SOCOM right now.
    Last edited by markm; 01-03-23 at 20:43.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have no idea. I can't remember, but nothing nice. Some of the beams are too focused for indoor, so I run them on longer barrel guns for outdoor stuff.

Why would someone pay a premium for a chinese knock off? I have a gray L2p on my BCM SOCOM right now.
    I have no idea why someone would pay that. I wouldn’t. But I did like the grey anodizing.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I don't think I've ever used any type of hand-held light as a WML. Probably the closest is an X200, every other WML was either a SF Scout pattern or Surefire M500.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not using any right now, but I wouldn't hesitate to run a 6P with a Malkoff drop-in as a weapon-light. I did this for many years, and still have the lights and quick detach Picatinny mounts.....so could be up and running with one (or 3) in a few minutes.

While not a 6P, I have an Elzetta ZFL-M60 mounted on my primary 12 gauge (B M4). I don't expect this to change any time soon.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-03-23 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I don't think I've ever used any type of hand-held light as a WML. Probably the closest is an X200, every other WML was either a SF Scout pattern or Surefire M500.
    Had an assortment of 6Ps and G2s in VTAC, VLTOR, and other mounts. G2 in a VTAC was a great budget option in its time. Functional. Better options these days, but they got us through.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I do like the lower profile of the Scout type lights... especially from Arisaka. But the cost on them is freakin insane, so I only have two. There's no reliability or durability gain one way or another that I've noticed. So I've never been compelled to pull a 6p off of any gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Same with my L2s. They did get a big upgrade though.
    Even cheap chicom p60s can be made reliable enough. Malkoff is awesome…but their modules aren’t magic. My Thrunite modules are proof to that fact. Over Ten years and still kicking, and all it took was 20minutes of work, and $10 for the thermal epoxy.
    Unfortunately the output was still in 2009…
    All I know is I have way to much in scout-lights, and I’m not buying no more.
    Last edited by camoman; 01-04-23 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    Same with my L2s. They did get a big upgrade though.
    Even cheap chicom p60s can be made reliable enough. Malkoff is awesome…but their modules aren’t magic. My Thrunite modules are proof to that fact. Over Ten years and still kicking, and all it took was 20minutes of work, and $10 for the thermal epoxy.
    Unfortunately the output was still in 2009…
    All I know is I have way to much in scout-lights, and I’m not buying no more.
    When I was going nuts with Solarforce, I found that if they worked, they were reliable. I don't think I had any bad modules, but some of the tail cap switches sucked. Some didn't have momentary, and some just shorted in and out.

I have a few Malkoffs in Scouts, and they are definitely an upgrade, but that's as far as I went down the torch rabbit hole.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a few Solar Force modules that didn’t make it. One the kids put the battery in backwards and fried it. The other just stopped working. Thrunite built better modules.
    Solar Force premium lights are a different story.
    This S2200 is still a beautiful beast. People don’t understand how well this light was actually thought out. They took a very large die led (MT-G2) and made it throw a wall of light further then anyone at the time thought was possible with such a large die! All driven at very safe 2a.

Last edited by camoman; 01-04-23 at 09:11.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow!! That's a beast! I never tried any non-6p Solarforce set ups. I was always scraping by just to get the 6ps at that time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast