Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CQBL-1 + illuminator vs Dbal D2

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

CQBL-1 + illuminator vs Dbal D2

I can sell my mostly unused CQBL-1 (nonilluminator get) and pick up a new DBAL D2 for relatively not much more money. I’d make almost $300 on the CQBL sale, actually.

Am I gaining that much? Does anyone opt out of the D2 due to increased weight, etc?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What illuminator are you currently using? Or do you not have one yet?
    Last edited by 1168; 12-31-22 at 10:55.

Feedback Score
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    What illuminator are you currently using? Or do you not have one yet?
    I do not. Had been planning on a Luna Elir until Russia did the thing, considered an Arisaka EX 250 on an Echo mount. Not in a rush, since I don’t have NODs yet. But someone wants to give me almost $1000 for the CQBL, so…made me wonder.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I do not. Had been planning on a Luna Elir until Russia did the thing, considered an Arisaka EX 250 on an Echo mount. Not in a rush, since I don’t have NODs yet. But someone wants to give me almost $1000 for the CQBL, so…made me wonder.
    Well, when you get NODs, the DBAL D2 will serve you well, at a good price point. Its competitive with the MAWL-C, although the switching and dialing the illum is not as quick. Its the only civ laser that I’ve used that is comparable in performance to the MAWL-C It is, however, a heckin’ chonker, and the battery compartment is in the front, which may require you to remove it or your front sight to change batteries, depending on your setup.

I absolutely recommend it, unless you can get a FP PEQ-15. MAWL pricing has grown from “too much” to “totally unreasonable”.

Alternatively, you can keep your CQBL, and get a separate illuminator, but that leaves you with multiple switches and all kinds of shit on the front of your gun, and the separate illuminators that I’ve tried have been underwhelming, and best suited to flooding at short range. The BE Meyers KIJI looks appealing, though.

There are some newer devices that look appealing, but I do not yet have personal experience with them.

The warranty on my PERST-3 sure got useless fast, so I feel you on the Luna.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The Kiji looks cool, as does Phantom Hill’s stuff. Maybe I’ll hold for a bit.
    Then again, $1237 for the DBAL seems pretty decent.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I run a CQBL with 3v Malkoff EX IR-250. I would like to move to a Kiji at some point if I can ever find one in stock.

Why I like this system so much is that it is lighter than a D2 but you can also drop the illuminator off when you’re not using nods. I have mine on a Bobro QD scout mount and I can pop it on or off in a few seconds. This is on a GP rifle that isn’t dedicated to NV so I use it just as much (really more) in daylight as I do under nods. Another benefit is I can move that one illuminator around to multiple rifles if I have similar setups. The dual lead ModButton makes for a pretty simple switching solution although I have used the TAPS Sync as well.

To summarize, I personally don’t find that the D2 does anything that the CQBL/illuminator can’t at less weight, versatility, or actual function (IR illuminator).

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    @Ironman8

Pretty sure your recommendations in other threads are what “inspired” me with the CQBL. I also have a dual lead Modbutton Lite ready for use. Good point with the QD option. I guess I could emulate that, but would need to as a 1913 segment, since all I have is MLOK at this point.

Have you compared the EX 250 to a DBAL D2’s illuminator? Per others, the D2 seems like it should be better, but you note as peer options.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I run a CQBL with 3v Malkoff EX IR-250. I would like to move to a Kiji at some point if I can ever find one in stock.
    The CQBL with Kiji 1-3 is awesome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The CQBL with Kiji 1-3 is awesome.
    For $2K and that combo weighs 10oz more than the D2
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast