Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polling the Crew for My First (and Only) Shotgun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm a big Benelli guy and have several. None have ever malfunctioned, even soft bird loads. I have heard great things about the B-1301 as well. Nothing you are considering would be bad choice. You are well on your way to goodness.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I also run a 1301 tactical and can't recommend it enough. Shoots any load you wanna run, and cycles fast.

Tits: I'm running the Esstac velcro shell holders so i can swap out new shell holders quickly, but i normally keep the spares in AR mag pouches on my plate carrier. I like that velcro chest rig though. Who makes that, if you don't mind my asking?
    OSOE 12ga Micro Rig. I removed the two inside Velcro cards and carry two spare the Aridus Q-DC trays in the pouches, this way I can feed off the receiver with two spare trays or from the chest rig. Also the large pouch will perfectly fit a 25 round box of shotgun shells if not being utilized for medical as originally intended, that makes 55 spares rounds on top of what is in the gun itself.

Last edited by titsonritz; 01-03-23 at 22:44.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

Yes, I missed the 21" 1301 comp on the first go around. I was leaning against the 1301 mainly out of budget reasons. The M2 was slightly cheaper for something I was already stretching to buy. That said, I did find a deal on a like-new 1301 Comp 21" for $1099 and jumped on it.

Already been planning how to outfit it to my liking, starting with moving my SRO to it as an optic.
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 01-04-23 at 08:22.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Better choice for all around use than the tactical, and would be my pick today.

I bought a first gen tactical when they were closed out and liked it so much I bought a field barrel during Beretta’s ridiculous yearly sale. I’ll be clearing out all my other shotguns when I figure out sights without the receiver rear for my tactical barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    OSOE 12ga Micro Rig. I removed the two inside Velcro cards and carry two spare the Aridus Q-DC trays in the pouches, this way I can feed off the receiver with two spare trays or from the chest rig. Also the large pouch will perfectly fit a 25 round box of shotgun shells if not being utilized for medical as originally intended, that makes 55 spares rounds on top of what is in the gun itself.
    That's slick, gonna pick one up. Thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Better choice for all around use than the tactical, and would be my pick today.

I bought a first gen tactical when they were closed out and liked it so much I bought a field barrel during Beretta’s ridiculous yearly sale. I’ll be clearing out all my other shotguns when I figure out sights without the receiver rear for my tactical barrel.
    Tell me about this sale.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Beretta has crazy prices on parts like barrels. Once or twice a year they have crazy sales code, like 10 percent off a $100 order, 20 percent off a $200 order, and on up. I got 50 percent off my barrel but it was a year or two ago, maybe 4th of July? Get on their email list and you won’t miss it.

A400 3” barrels fit the 1301T.
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-ac...bhp-fld-matte/

Don’t forget the handguard spacer.
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/bere...g-spacers.html

Feedback Score
    So, already ran into my first wrench in the plans. I was planning to mount my SRO to the 1301 Comp, but it turns out that nobody actually makes a low profile mount to do that. The Aridus Industries one only fits the tactical model (different hole pattern, apparently). Scalarworks doesn't make a Sync for the 1301. I suppose the target audience for the comp model wouldn't actually care about this, since putting a dot on the gun puts you into open class in most competitions.

The fallback is an EGW pic rail and then mounting to that, but it's a bit higher profile that I would like. At that point, I have a spare EOTech I'm not using at the moment.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    So, already ran into my first wrench in the plans. I was planning to mount my SRO to the 1301 Comp, but it turns out that nobody actually makes a low profile mount to do that. The Aridus Industries one only fits the tactical model (different hole pattern, apparently). Scalarworks doesn't make a Sync for the 1301. I suppose the target audience for the comp model wouldn't actually care about this, since putting a dot on the gun puts you into open class in most competitions.

The fallback is an EGW pic rail and then mounting to that, but it's a bit higher profile that I would like. At that point, I have a spare EOTech I'm not using at the moment.
    I'd put a rail on it regardless. Mesa makes a rail and shell holder for that model.

https://freedomfightertactical.com/c...cts/mesa-94210

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post

I run a red dot on a rail on my 1301 tactical, but i have the mesa pistol grip stock with adjustable cheek riser, so the height isn't an issue.
    Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 1.53.03 PM.png
    I'm surprised they would run different hole patterns between the models. That doesn't make sense to me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast