Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polling the Crew for My First (and Only) Shotgun

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    So, already ran into my first wrench in the plans. I was planning to mount my SRO to the 1301 Comp, but it turns out that nobody actually makes a low profile mount to do that. The Aridus Industries one only fits the tactical model (different hole pattern, apparently). Scalarworks doesn't make a Sync for the 1301. I suppose the target audience for the comp model wouldn't actually care about this, since putting a dot on the gun puts you into open class in most competitions.

The fallback is an EGW pic rail and then mounting to that, but it's a bit higher profile that I would like. At that point, I have a spare EOTech I'm not using at the moment.
    Yeah, I feel your pain, could have told you that. Who knows WTF they were thinking making two different optic/mount hole patterns between the the C and T models, seems kind of lame to me. Your options (other than a pic rail) for an optic mount are Rusty Nuts Designs and KE Arms which has apparently been discontinued so would only be available on the used market and both are made for the Aimpoint Micro or MRO. Good luck.

ETA:
    There is a Euro version that works with several MRDS, but I'm full on Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing" on the product, vendor or stateside availability, looks pretty legit though...
    https://www.tonisystem.it/en/6338/re...-beretta-1301/
    https://belva.co.za/product/toni-sys...tta-1301-comp/
    Last edited by titsonritz; 01-06-23 at 14:20.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Comp and Tactical have a different length receiver, so the rail is also different.

The spacing predates the 1301 that is based on the A400, or anyone thinking up the idea of these direct model specific mounts.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    That's slick, gonna pick one up. Thanks
    Also look at the COP rig. A word of advise, I wouldn't order anything that isn't in stock, it can be a crap shoot on when you'll ever see it. I have a few pieces of OSOE gear, most of which I bought mine on the used market.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The Comp and Tactical have a different length receiver, so the rail is also different.

The spacing predates the 1301 that is based on the A400, or anyone thinking up the idea of these direct model specific mounts.
    It seems like they would standard it across the board, seems like there is no reason a longer receiver can't have the shorter hole pattern or even both configurations.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Toni System has several US dealers listed, try to get one through them.

Alternative: Get the rib cut for a dovetail RMR mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It seems like they would standard it across the board, seems like there is no reason a longer receiver can't have the shorter hole pattern or even both configurations.
    But changing now creates two different gens and more confusion on what fits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Yeah, I feel your pain, could have told you that. Who knows WTF they were thinking making two different optic/mount hole patterns between the the C and T models, seems kind of lame to me. Your options (other than a pic rail) for an optic mount are Rusty Nuts Designs and KE Arms which has apparently been discontinued so would only be available on the used market and both are made for the Aimpoint Micro or MRO. Good luck.

ETA:
    There is a Euro version that works with several MRDS, but I'm full on Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing" on the product, vendor or stateside availability, looks pretty legit though...
    https://www.tonisystem.it/en/6338/re...-beretta-1301/
    https://belva.co.za/product/toni-sys...tta-1301-comp/
    FWIW, I looked closer at Mesa's products after HKGuns mentioned it. They have a compatible side saddle/pic rail combo for the 1301 Comp. I also noticed a side saddle/rmr combo unit. I emailed them asking about the 1301 comp and they said that particular unit is only for the tactical (per usual), but they were aware of the demand and were looking closer at it later this year.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123