Thread: EDITED new title.....DSA FAL's ? I broke down and bought it how did I do

Feedback Score

EDITED new title.....DSA FAL's ? I broke down and bought it how did I do

Any opinions good or bad about this weapon. EDITED TO ADD I broke down and bought it......
    http://www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.c...TOKEN=87594414

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the 21" barrel rifle and I love it.

Steyr excellent condition parts kit with the DSA receiver and US parts. Beautiful workmanship all over.

These are by far the best bang for the buck. If you're looking at the Carbine, I'd definitely ditch the bipod and replace the sheet metal handguards with a synthetic set. The bipod adds a lot of weight and the sheet metal handguards conduct heat right to your hand in as little as two mags.

I'd say go for it. You can change the configuration to suit your needs and wants.

I stuck with the traditional look.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

No! Don't!

If you value your sanity, don't do it! You'll become addicted to FALs quicker than a dirtbag to crack! I know of only two rifles that I enjoy more than a FAL (any type of FAL) and that's the AR10s or M-14 semis. I only say I enjoy them more because of their Yankee-ness. The FAL in all forms is a splendid rifle and won't disappoint you much (it will disappoint when you run out of ammo and can't have fun any more). I have an R1A1 rebuild and will swear by it. It is indeed the free worlds right arm ('bah!' to the G-3) and makes a spendid all around rifle. As for DSA...terrific. You won't go wrong by them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    These are by far the best bang for the buck. If you're looking at the Carbine, I'd definitely ditch the bipod and replace the sheet metal handguards with a synthetic set. The bipod adds a lot of weight and the sheet metal handguards conduct heat right to your hand in as little as two mags.
    I agree.

I also agree that you can't go wrong with a FAL. My personal opinion is that it is the best 7.62 battle rifle available; superior to the G3, M1A, and various "AR10"s.

Feedback Score
    I broke down and bought it, whats the verdict.......

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You're going to love it.

Definitely take the bipod off, it will lighten the rifle and the handling characteristics will improve a lot.

You'll also want to put some good synthetic handguards on, either the DSA "Belgian" style or maybe some Imbel. They'll handle heat much, much better.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Dude that looks solid. New shit is always cool. Have fun.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"