Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRO HD

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MRO HD

So I have herd all the complaints about parallax issues with the Trijicon MRO and I have couple questions. Does the MRO HD have the same issues? The agency I work for just went to the MRO HD, if the general impression is poor why would they have went this route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have read on the always-truthful internet that parallax is improved on the MRO HD.

Feedback Score
    I've only recently found out about the terrible parallax of the regular MRO not being an issue in the MRO HD. I was surprised that I only found out about this from one of Hoplopfheil's videos on YouTube and never heard a peep about the MRO HD's improved parallax on any of the forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_xDOiZz7I

My only question is how is it that Trijicon can eliminate the Parallax issue in the MRO HD but can't transfer that over the the regular MRO?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I've only recently found out about the terrible parallax of the regular MRO not being an issue in the MRO HD. I was surprised that I only found out about this from one of Hoplopfheil's videos on YouTube and never heard a peep about the MRO HD's improved parallax on any of the forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_xDOiZz7I

My only question is how is it that Trijicon can eliminate the Parallax issue in the MRO HD but can't transfer that over the the regular MRO?
    The also fixed the regular MRO. Serial numbers higher than 89k have the fixes. I think there were a couple other issues addressed too.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The also fixed the regular MRO. Serial numbers higher than 89k have the fixes. I think there were a couple other issues addressed too.
    One of my brothers has a green dot MRO and it has very bad parallax. I'll have to check the serial number on it next time I get a chance.

Feedback Score
    For accuracy I trust a Primary Arms red dot over a MRO.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    The answer to that question is kicking it having drinks somewhere with the answer to the question of why Trijicon RMR users still have to remove the optic to replace the battery.

Trijicon doesn’t want to eat the cost to upgrade. It’s that Trijicon mentality that American car companies had in the 80’s and 90’s. Why should we improve our products if it shrinks profit if people are gonna buy our products either way.

I’m not a Trijicon hater. They just have a history of making products that are 90% good. “It’s good, but. . .”

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    For accuracy I trust a Primary Arms red dot over a MRO.
    That is not a realistic statement. I have a MRO HD and I wil take it over any of the 3rd world Reflex sights out there. It is rock solid and I have over 5k on it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    The post-89xxx MRO’s eliminated the slight magnification that prior MRO’s had. No changes impacting parallax.

Feedback Score
    I have a late model MRO, bought in the last year. The parallax is incredibly bad. If you plan on shooting inside of 50yards, it's ok, I guess. I eventually had to sight mine in @ 25 on a 10.5" pistol.

When I say bad, I mean 8" from POA @ 50 yards when pushing the dot toward the edge of the FOV. Without trying to induce the shift, it's obviously not that bad, but I also don't want an optic working against me.

I noticed it the first time I tried to sight it in. I kept stringing shots by a few inches at 50 yards; first time I've ever had a high end RDS do that. I thought something was wrong with it.

...but, it is light, small, a tank, and great battery life. If you're not shooting for groups, you probably won't notice.

Reports I've read showed little if any improvement on the MRO HD in regards to parallax.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 01-05-23 at 20:29.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast