Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRO HD

Feedback Score
    I remember Aaron Cowan testing the MRO vs Comp M5 for parallax.

That sealed the deal on choosing my Comp M5. Plus for my astigmatism I get a crisp dot with the Comp M5 and don’t with the MRO.

Feedback Score
    As long as the dot is centered in the optic you're good. In unconventional positions where the dot isn't centered in the window is where you experience significant parallax.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    As long as the dot is centered in the optic you're good. In unconventional positions where the dot isn't centered in the window is where you experience significant parallax.
    That’s why I have kept mine.

Also: I was able to zero an MRO on a CMMG 22LR conversion in a BCM Kino upper from a sitting (not table) position with no problem on Monday. And I’m not an amazing shooter.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 01-06-23 at 05:24.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That’s why I have kept mine.

Also: I was able to zero an MRO on a CMMG 22LR conversion in a BCM Kino upper from a sitting (not table) position with no problem on Monday. And I’m not an amazing shooter.
    I'm actually thinking about picking up an MRO (or an AP PRO) for my dedicated rimfire AR. I thought I could get by with a cheap RDS after I moved the decent dot from it to my wife's 10-22.

Cheap dots suck, even for an range gun that gets swapped between a RDS and LPVO.

The MRO is not the best RDS out there, but they are dependable.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I have a pre 89k serial MRO and I have not had parallax issues. I also run an absolute co witness and a front sight so I have a reference of where center is. I think having a front sight helps but I know most guys don’t run them.

For the HD MRO that made changes to the body not just reticle. Having the really big obj lens compared to the ocular portion causes that parallax

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    ^^^ This, I thought it was the greatest optic until I took a class where we in and around vehicles and barricades and the parallax just killed me. I ended up going to a EOTech right after which was great until it didn't stay on in another class, and that has since gone way. I'm not claiming that cheap dots are the best thing out there but I have 2 cheap Primary Arms Red dots, one from 2014 with 5k+ rounds through it and other than the fact that my battery life is more like 30k hours and not 50k it has been great. I'll be honest that my Aimpoint PRO's have been great, for the price and I would point to Aimpoint if you are going to have a duty optic.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    ^^^ This, I thought it was the greatest optic until I took a class where we in and around vehicles and barricades and the parallax just killed me. I ended up going to a EOTech right after which was great until it didn't stay on in another class, and that has since gone way. I'm not claiming that cheap dots are the best thing out there but I have 2 cheap Primary Arms Red dots, one from 2014 with 5k+ rounds through it and other than the fact that my battery life is more like 30k hours and not 50k it has been great. I'll be honest that my Aimpoint PRO's have been great, for the price and I would point to Aimpoint if you are going to have a duty optic.
    I'd love to go with Aimpoint, but they seem pretty dead set on micro lens dot sights (which I very much dislike). They need to do something similar to the MRO, but without the parallax. Or Trijicon just needs to fix the MRO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    I'd love to go with Aimpoint, but they seem pretty dead set on micro lens dot sights (which I very much dislike). They need to do something similar to the MRO, but without the parallax. Or Trijicon just needs to fix the MRO.
    Totally agree. In the last 2 years, I've sort of gotten away from red dots in favor of magnification, and when the MRO HD came out with the magnifier option I was really hoping that they fixed the MRO, but I've heard that these issues still persist. I love Trijicon as a whole and think that their Credo line is probably one of the best bang for your buck options out there but they just haven't figured out a Micro dot as of yet, which is said because the market could use a mid-priced optic with all the features of Holosun and Sig, with the durability of Aimpoint for a $450 price, even the Duty RDS could use a shake awake feature.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wonder if the new PA shake awake battery cap would fit the MRO HD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I wonder if the new PA shake awake battery cap would fit the MRO HD.
    That would be awesome if it works

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12