Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you store loaded mags? I need a solution.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lots of good info folks.
    I'm sure what I have is paltry (41ar) and 16 Glock mags(I need more).

I was looking at transportation methods and I think I got a few ideas I can work with.

First one I already have an idea about just need to make sure it's cool.
    Last edited by Sidneyious; 01-08-23 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Lots of good I go folks.
    I'm sure what I have is paltry (41ar) and 16 Glock mags(I need more).

I was looking at transportation methods and I think I got a few ideas I can work with.

First one I already have an idea about just need to make sure it's cool.

Stripper clips and spoons are where its at. (and inexpensive as heck)

No way I am trying to keep every mag I have loaded when things like stripper clips are readily available to load the ones I am using or want to use quickly. Aside of the fact that you can get a lot more ammo in the same size can when that ammo is on strippers vs it being in magazines...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Stripper clips and spoons are where its at. (and inexpensive as heck)

No way I am trying to keep every mag I have loaded when things like stripper clips are readily available to load the ones I am using or want to use quickly. Aside of the fact that you can get a lot more ammo in the same size can when that ammo is on strippers vs it being in magazines...
    IMO an unloaded mag is useless just like ammo not in a mag, what good is it going to do for me? single handload a round in the gun?

Feedback Score
    IMO an unloaded mag is useless just like ammo not in a mag, what good is it going to do for me? single handload a round in the gun?
    How long does it take YOU to load a magazine to capacity?

(does not take me long using strippers)

Not discounting 'used' strippers as they do last a lot longer than many seem to consider and they are useful to have around - but when even virgin strippers are soooo cheap and easy to find why not???

Last edited by DG23; 01-08-23 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bulk 5.56 is loaded into strippers, and stored in ammo cans, with a couple spoons sitting on top. My guess is that Sidneyious doesn't know how to use them.

I keep most of my M14 mags loaded, and they're sitting on a gun rack shelf.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Pistol solution:

Each pistol has its own one of these ziplock large sealable bins labeled with the pistol model
    Each ziplock bin is housed in one of the platic totes I use for rilfe mags, it will hold many stacks
    Organized by pistol model....I have a lot of HK pistols, so I have an HK tote, full of different model HK ziplock bins with magazines for each different pistol model.

Just grabbed 4 to try out, thank you for this post. I have too many to count Glock (26, 19, 17, 17L, 45, 44, 42, 43) mags from Glock and Magpul where available in addition to CZ, HK, Beretta, Kahr etc. BOATLOAD of pistol mags all over the place completely unorganized and a total mess I need to hit the range. Hoping this economical, stackable, markable solution is what I've been looking for.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How do you store loaded mags? I need a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Just grabbed 4 to try out, thank you for this post. I have too many to count Glock (26, 19, 17, 17L, 45, 44, 42, 43) mags from Glock and Magpul where available in addition to CZ, HK, Beretta, Kahr etc. BOATLOAD of pistol mags all over the place completely unorganized and a total mess I need to hit the range. Hoping this economical, stackable, markable solution is what I've been looking for.
    Dude, I own nearly 50 pistols. You wouldn’t believe the mess I had going on.

It took me 3 hours to find mags to go to the range and put me in a sour mood after searching. (Except for the one in the pistol of course.)

I got to shooting revolvers a lot because NO MAG search, complicated by the fact most look very similar without close inspection.

Glad it helped someone.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-08-23 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Then those plastic totes are shit. They're for storage/organizing. Not transportation. Drop one and watch your load spill everywhere. Big Mil cans with padding or a Homey Depot Tuff box would be good.
    Last edited by markm; 01-09-23 at 08:16.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Then those plastic totes are shit. They're for storage/organizing. Not transportation. Drop one and watch your load spill everywhere. Big Mil cans with padding or a Homey Depot Tuff box would be good.
    Agreed.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear uses that Homey Depot tuff box thingy for ammo boxes. It's tough as hell.. stackable and all that.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast