Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How do you store loaded mags? I need a solution.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Call it hoarding all you like.

I still plan to call it 'buying when cheap and stacking it deep'.
    I agree. Just not under the romantic idea that I'll be racking up thousands of kills and living wonderfully while the world crumbles.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Not necessary. You nail their @sses to trees so as to send a real clear message.

I do the same with the Fing red squirrel’s.

So that's where Bob and Ray went, I hadn't seen them at the feeder lately.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    The only mags I store are for 5.56. I can fit 12 loaded mags inside a .50 cal can and then I pack a full reload of ammunition for all 12 mags on stripper clips with spoons and desiccant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I need ideas for storing mags and the range bag is at capacity.

(Might actually belong in the disaster and prep forum, just noticed that sub)

Feedback Score
    I use colored duffel bags, usually 14”
    My bright yellow AR15 mag bag currently has 25 30 round mags.
    I use different colors to designate empty vs loaded.
    I also use luggage tags to show caliber / platform / loaded or unloaded.
    It’s an inexpensive option for me.
    They’re also easy to haul around.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep a few loaded on the shelf for easy access. If I need to load the rest I can but feel better with the ammo in boxes or bags in cans.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by settingsuns View Post
    I keep a few loaded on the shelf for easy access. If I need to load the rest I can but feel better with the ammo in boxes or bags in cans.
    Agreed. I have a shooter's pack and a leg drop carrier with some loaded mags, but the bulk is stored separately.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

How do you store loaded mags? I need a solution.

My bag for carrying ammo and mags to the range is a cloth tool bag. I have a Kobalt bag for pistol ammo/mags and a DeWalt bag for rifle mags and ammo. Ain’t fancy and they came with the tools so no cost really but very stout.

If I was buying a bag to tote ammo, I’d probably buy one of these, which I use for lots of different heavy stuff:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-15...5-TH/312387454

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 01-25-23 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    My bag for carrying ammo and mags to the range is a cloth tool bag. I have a Kobalt bag for pistol ammo/mags and a DeWalt bag for rifle mags and ammo. Ain’t fancy and they came with the tools so no cost really but very stout.

If I was buying a bag to tote ammo, I’d probably buy one of these, which I use for lots of different heavy stuff:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-15...5-TH/312387454

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a good idea. I need to buy a bag to lug steel plates. A tool bag should work well.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678