Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 44 Cal Revolver for 44th Birthday, Suggestions Requested

Feedback Score

44 Cal Revolver for 44th Birthday, Suggestions Requested

My 44th Birthday is in a month and I decided I need a 44cal revolver to commemorate it. I say revolver because I only know of a Desert Eagle as far as pistol options. I would love a no lock S&W 44 Special snub, but they are expensive. If that truly is the best option I will do it, but it looks like it will be about $1,600-$1,800. Is there another option? Rugers are about $1,000. The only other options are Charter Arms and Taurus. I am trying to keep it relatively small so I can occasionally carry it. What do you all think? I would also consider a Magnum.
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can usually always find great used Model 29's from the 70's for not a lot of money. People trade them in or consign them all the time.

So my recommendation, is to try to find a good condition, used, model 29, either 4 or 6 inches.

I paid around $600 for this one used and in great condition, the bore looks new.

I wouldn't bother with a special, you can shoot both out of a "real" 44 mag and why limit yourself to special only loads that are harder to find.

ETA: Oh, and you're a young punk!
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-05-23 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You could always go OG and get one of the high quality 1873 repros. I’ve got a “tuned” Taylor’s and Co. (Uberti) 5 1/2” Drifter (mine’s in .45 Colt.). They’re pretty damn sweet and their solution to safely carry a round under the hammer is quite elegant. They also have like 30+ different models on the 1873 pattern alone.

Definitely worth checking out for the price!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Maybe celebrate your age with a little .44 caliber history. Like with an Uberti .44 1858 Remmington New Model Army...

Of course you could also go with other types/brands like a Pietta or Uberti .44 1860 Colt.

Just Sayin...
    & pre-Happy 44th Birthday to you as well.

MA2
    ,——'――';=====±—-
    !‚–’――ƒΉΆ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    For a modern revolver, the S&W Model 29 or 629 would be my choice.

There are also some single-actions available if you want to spend less and still have a 44. Look up Sheriff's Model in 44-40. Faithful reproductions are under $600 new.

Feedback Score
    Model 29/629, 4" is handier to carry, 6" or 6.5" balances better IMO. A Mountain Gun would be great, too. If you're partial to Rugers, an older Redhawk is nice, and will be a bit cheaper. Those old Model 24s are sweet though, albeit pricey. A 3" would be cool. Can't go wrong with any of those.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a 629-4 Mountain Gun, its a really nice, well balanced revolver. A little light to be comfortable shooting a lot of full power magnum rounds.

Let me suggest the Super Blackhawk too, either traditional, Hunter, or Bisley.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Easy!

New Colt Anaconda.

Better trigger than Rugers, S&W, prettier, too!

Very happy with my King Cobra

Consider a shiny Ruger single-action, too. Sometimes I want a Bisley.

Feedback Score
    New Anaconda.

Not even a tough one to consider.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    New Anaconda or a 329PD.

Bucket list guns for me. I have the Anaconda, so I am scared to get the 329PD.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-06-23 at 14:55.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast