Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scalarworks Peak vs Daniel Defense fixed iron sights

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Scalarworks Peak vs Daniel Defense fixed iron sights

So I'm setting up an irons only rifle to get back to basics. I want the best of the best of the best iron sights and had my eyes on the Scalarworks Peak sights. However the Daniel Defense sights are also pretty nice. Anyone have/had these two side by side or tried them? Which do you prefer? I'm not worried about the price difference at all, so that's not a factor. Just looking at toughness, adjustability, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I want the best of the best of the best iron sights and had my eyes on the Scalarworks Peak sights.
    The best of the best in toughness and adjustability is going to be the Fixed FSB and Carry handle or A2 upper sight. I know that's NOT what you asked, but NO clamp on irons come close. I've not tried the Scalers, but I have busted the DD front sight.

If no FSB is possible, you could at minimum find one of the LMT stubby rear sights that are like a cut down carry handle. That would match up to either of the Front sight options. I do like the shape of the DD front ears, but again... anything not forged steel and pinned to the barrel is relatively fragile.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Scalarworks Peak vs Daniel Defense fixed iron sights

I agree with markm. A2 rear or LMT’s modded version would be the best of the best, with full adjustments.

The Scalarworks might be a great fixed elevation sight, but it seems like that’s not what you want. If rear sight elevation adjustment isn’t needed (don’t know why it wouldn’t be, unless it’s a pistol or SBR dedicated to short range use), then what’s meant by adjustability? Ease of adjustments, unlikeliness of unintentional adjustments? Something else?
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-06-23 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    A2 will be most durable but I wouldn’t say the best in other areas. The adjustment on the Scalarworks is crisp and precise but can still be done by hand which is a huge improvement over needing the tool. Granted you probably won’t need to adjust it often, but still. They’re also 1/2 MOA increments, which is also a big improvement.

I haven’t used the DD in a long time but SW does a good job of selling their benefits on their product pages. Personally I think the SW set is the most functional iron sight setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For me, 1/2 MOA adjustment is something I WISH I was good enough to realize. Fine tuning is nice, but my eyes aren't that good these days.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't the Centurion Arms C4 Diopter sights be something to look at, too, if we're talking best irons? The HK416 diopter sights might be a bit easier to find, though they also sit slightly lower to account for the taller HK416.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I would hands down take Scalarwork PEAK sights over DD and an LMT L8A over either of them.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The best of the best in toughness and adjustability is going to be the Fixed FSB and Carry handle or A2 upper sight. I know that's NOT what you asked, but NO clamp on irons come close. I've not tried the Scalers, but I have busted the DD front sight.

If no FSB is possible, you could at minimum find one of the LMT stubby rear sights that are like a cut down carry handle. That would match up to either of the Front sight options. I do like the shape of the DD front ears, but again... anything not forged steel and pinned to the barrel is relatively fragile.
    Good point but I should have mentioned that the rifle I am planning on using this has a full length BCM rail already and I don't want to to start buying parts. before you know it a $200 quest turns into a new rifle!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thanks all for you input, it is appreciated. I just ordered the Scalarworks PEAK sights and cannot wait to try them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Why did you choose the Peak sights?

Unless my eyesight is failing, I don't see a single post in this thread that states that the Peak is the best fixed sight available....but it's likely more durable than the DD.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-07-23 at 12:22.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast