Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Any Marathon Military Watch fans out there?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could they size it for you before they shipped it?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKjeff View Post
    Could they size it for you before they shipped it?
    I don't know how. I'd rather take it somewhere and agree with the tech that it's sized right. Plus, the bracelet is here, and the watch is coming with the Rubber Strap.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't know how. I'd rather take it somewhere and agree with the tech that it's sized right. Plus, the bracelet is here, and the watch is coming with the Rubber Strap.
    Just take to a watch store or quicky watch fix it places at malls and such. Sizing bracelets is easy enough if you have the right tools.I still prefer to have someone else do it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Just take to a watch store or quicky watch fix it places at malls and such. Sizing bracelets is easy enough if you have the right tools.I still prefer to have someone else do it.
    Definitely. I'm not messing with the little fasteners at all. Plus they can probably look at my wrist and bracelet and get it right in one pass.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Marathon TSAR. It is a good watch, very accurate and easy to see. Mine was out of warranty, and about 1 year ago, it stopped. I was looking at it and it just quit. I sent it in and it was fixed, on my dime. Communication with Marathon was good. They said it was a moisture issue. I got the watch back and this past Sept. it quit again, just like the first time. This time it was repaired on their dime. This time they weren't clear on the cause. Both times the service was quick. I was not hard on the watch, especially before the second time it quit. I still like this watch, I am afraid it's fragile.

I also have a Ares. Mine is the diver with date model. This watch is much better and seems more durable than the Marathon. While it doesn't have tritium, the luminova is very bright and lasts for hours. This watch is just over three years old. It hasn't been babied. It has been in fresh and salt water, and through a couple of classes. I especially like the location of the crown. Both of these are quartz. I find they are more accurate than autos.

I also have a Maratac DC 50 from County Comm. For an auto it is fairly accurate, within the specs in a table presented above. It is a quality watch as well. but the Ares is my favorite.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joe138 View Post
    I also have a Ares. Mine is the diver with date model.
    Those ARES do look cool. I'd love to get one later, but the Marathon epitomizes what a watch should look like for me. It's curious though. I switched from my beater Gshock to my humungous LGP over a week ago, and not one person has mentioned the watch. Considering the size of this hog, it's odd that no one has mentioned it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those ARES do look cool. I'd love to get one later, but the Marathon epitomizes what a watch should look like for me. It's curious though. I switched from my beater Gshock to my humungous LGP over a week ago, and not one person has mentioned the watch. Considering the size of this hog, it's odd that no one has mentioned it.
    I think you have to be in the right crowd for people to notice a watch. Like AR's or pistols. I pay attention to these things because they interest me. Most people don't.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The eagle has landed. My Lord, the GSAR seems tiny after wearing the LGP for the last few weeks.

The pics don't do the in person size difference justice. But I can see the GSAR's reasonable size winning me over. Just set the time, date and goosed it with some manual winding.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Final update/crappy pic. Had the bracelet installed/sized. Well worth having a pro do it. I would have spent 2 hours and scratched every damned part of the watch and dropped it twice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Final update/crappy pic. Had the bracelet installed/sized. Well worth having a pro do it. I would have spent 2 hours and scratched every damned part of the watch and dropped it twice.
    Like most things, do it yourself once, you don't begrudge what people charge to do it better and faster.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910