Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Pmag, are they actually worth a shit?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock Pmag, are they actually worth a shit?

I buy primarily glock brand glock mags, I really dont know if I want to buy off brand glock mags.
    I buy used glock mags and no issues, I really like that handguns are reliable when the mag is reliable.

ffs for the first time in 9 yars I purchased pmags for my ar15 because they ere $8 a mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    I buy primarily glock brand glock mags, I really dont know if I want to buy off brand glock mags.
    I buy used glock mags and no issues, I really like that handguns are reliable when the mag is reliable.

ffs for the first time in 9 yars I purchased pmags for my ar15 because they ere $8 a mag.
    The only thing I have found that would not run through a Glock Pmag is Winchester Forged(steel case) 9mm and had the same issue with ETS magazines. With the ETS magazines it was possible to see the rounds jam approximately half way down and from what I could see looking down from the top and # of rounds in the mag the same ammunition related was happening with the Pmag as well. Taking dial caliper measurements(not super precise) of Winchester Forged never turned up any obvious dimensional differences so I assume it was a combination of slight dimensional differences stacking and the somewhat coarse coating used on the steel case.

That being said, I did not have that malfunction with multiple generations of Glock factory or at least 2 different generations of KCI marked Glock mags.

I wouldn't count it as a negative against Pmag/ETS, but maybe a very slight nod to Glock/KCI on being able to feed ammo not quite where it should be.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have been using Pmags in my G19 for years. Very good training mags. They are easier to take apart and clean than factory. They are a bit easier to damage than factory if you drop them on a concrete floor. Also slightly larger than factory. May not fit in all of your mag pouches.

I have had good luck with 21 round P mags in AR. I would avoid the 25 round mags. Mine seemed to have a weaker spring and did not lock bolt open after last round.

The steel case ammo does bind up a bit in the tube, especially if you have dust (crushed stone) from outdoor range in mag. Clean your mags. Apply a bit of armor all inside
    Last edited by signal4l; 01-06-23 at 16:25.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Mine won't drop from the pistol, but it's functional otherwise. With Glock, it's good not expect 100% drop free all of time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I found them to not like steel cases at all.

Other than that, they seemed ok.

Feedback Score
    Hard to load in my limited experience of two mags. I prefer Glock brand. Botach had em for like $18 shipped a while ago. Hard to argue anything else but factory at that price point in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can’t remember having any problems with them. I use them for training/practice and carry the Glock factory mags. Now pmags and cz scorpion didn’t mix very well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 4 or 5 Glock Pmags. I use them for training and Glock mags for duty/carry. Ive never had an issue with them at all.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    It's not worth the savings IMO.

Feedback Score
    I have fired a lot of rounds (several thousands) out of 9mm Glocks using several Pmags and a lot more rounds (tens of thousands) using the factory Glock mags, over several years.

The difference that I have experienced is the Pmags do not handle or work as well as the factory mags with dirt or powder fouling. The rounds bind in the magazine body more readily or sooner than factory mags as they get dirty. That is why steel cases don't work as well. The interior of the mag body of factory Glock mags is stainless steel and I believe allows the ammunition (steel or brass cased) to roll or slide more easily when fowled.

In my opinion the Pmags work well and are not a bad value but are not worth the savings of five to six dollars per mag. Just buy factory Glock mags.

I should also add that it could be that the Glock springs are stronger than the Pmag springs and help keep the stack moving, I don't know, however either way, I WILL shoot a Pmag to failure because of powder fouling long before the Glock mags need to be cleaned.
    Last edited by twm134; 01-06-23 at 19:16.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast