Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Pmag, are they actually worth a shit?

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I have had 8 G19 Pmags for about 4 or 5 years that stay loaded 24/7 365 in my car in 95 degree summer heat, have many hundreds of rounds through them, have never been cleaned and I am yet to have a problem with them. I don't shoot steel, just aluminum or brass.
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 01-06-23 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I use them for range mags with no issues. Also use the 27 round mags in my AR-9 without issues, although I have not fired it a great deal.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They're fine, except with steel case.

Here recently, I believe I've finally worn out one of my training mags, a 17 rounder.

Wishing I'd kept an accurate round count through these, the way I do the firearms, but at this point I've easily put 2,000 rounds through it.

The feedlips tend to wear, on the inside, where the cartridges slide forward out of the mag. This wear let's the rounds position in the top of the mag be at a higher than normal angle.

This mag has recently experienced a feed issue, due to this wear. Only once, and I actually shot some out of it today, with no issue, but I'm keeping an eye on it...thinking it may be done.

Obviously OEM mags don't wear this way, they're metal in that area.

I do particularly like the 21 rounders as well. They've all run 100%, except with occasional problems with steel case, and this recent issue with one high round count mag.

Time will tell.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use a few for range mags, mostly 21s, and that’s been fine over a few years. I have a shitpile of training mags, though, that actual use is spread across. Factory mags for carry/work. There’s no good reason to not use the factory mags for real shit.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I owned a handful back in the day, they would not run well out of my Gen 3 G34. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a couple that I use for training but carry Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    In my small sample the springs weaken a lot faster than OEM’s.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Been using them for training mags for a few years now. Thousands of rounds through about a dozen of them, all 17 rounders, with no issues that I can recall. I have only bought them when they were on sale for like $10ea. So it was worth the cost to beat them up over OEM mags. I still carry OEM mags in my main guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used a bunch since they were first available. They work pretty well, do have some quirks as described above, and are inexpensive. Mine are contingency/training use only.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I bought a bunch for range use a while back. Keep them clean and they run for the most part. I've found if I let them go without a decent cleaning after a few range trips I start having failure to feeds.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast