Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Pmag, are they actually worth a shit?

Feedback Score
    P-Mags are my main mags for my ARs and my AK.

My G19 P-Mags inconsistently locked back my G19Gen5 slide, but worked fine in my G19Gen3 & G19Gen4, when I had the Gen3 and Gen4 G19s (now sold off). I traded these mags away.

My G26 P-Mags don't work well with steel-cased ammo, and inconsistent feeding even with brass-cased ammo. I've since replaced the G26 PMag springs with Glock OEM 9-coil springs. No decision yet as to how well the G26 PMags will work with the OEM mag springs. I've only got two of these G26 PMags which I now use only for range-use with my G26gen3.

My main G26 mags are Glock OEM G26 mags with Glock's +2 parts installed.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006067030?pid=968128
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006066492?pid=883766
    Last edited by L-2; 01-09-23 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    I use them for going to the range to just shoot, but for GSSF Matches and if I carried a Glock I would use factory. I can also see how many rounds I have left in a Glock Magazine if the light is good enough.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    How about $11.99 Pmag vs $23.99 Glock mag times 10= $119.90 vs 239.90 =$120 difference=6.5 boxes of CCI aluminum 9mm ammo. I'll take the ammo
    Not specific to your comment, but a jumping off point.

Mag-onomics are a valid discussion but sometimes get a little silly. Especially for the Glock's widely available inexpensive mags. Look at purchase vs lifecycle cost of a magazine. For a typical shooter, mags last a long time and lifecycle cost is negligible. For a harder-use shooter, still roughly a few dollars a year or less. A single mag will usually cost less than the ammo it contains in it's first few loadings.

I have several ~1994 G19 mags still in use as range mags. I don't remember what I paid ($15?) but 28 years later we're at ~$.50 a year or so. The mags that came with my G45 ~4 years ago are done, probably the fastest to go - still only ~$6/yr if I break them out individually.

Other brands have higher price points for mags but the same principle applies. And usually don't have the aftermarket options, or at least ones you want to use.

As a durable good, guns are incredibly cheap. Especially in lifecycle cost. Glocks ridiculously so.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Not specific to your comment, but a jumping off point.

Mag-onomics are a valid discussion but sometimes get a little silly. Especially for the Glock's widely available inexpensive mags. Look at purchase vs lifecycle cost of a magazine. For a typical shooter, mags last a long time and lifecycle cost is negligible. For a harder-use shooter, still roughly a few dollars a year or less. A single mag will usually cost less than the ammo it contains in it's first few loadings.

I have several ~1994 G19 mags still in use as range mags. I don't remember what I paid ($15?) but 28 years later we're at ~$.50 a year or so. The mags that came with my G45 ~4 years ago are done, probably the fastest to go - still only ~$6/yr if I break them out individually.

Other brands have higher price points for mags but the same principle applies. And usually don't have the aftermarket options, or at least ones you want to use.

As a durable good, guns are incredibly cheap. Especially in lifecycle cost. Glocks ridiculously so.
    I have proved to myself over the years that the Pmags are find for the use I put them to, training and range use. I also use the Pro Mag 18 round mags for my G44 which also work great. Why can't Glock make a 15 rd mag for the G44.
    If I had a few mil in my bank account I probably wouldn't care but I don't and I am retired on fixed income. No matter what it is I want the best bang for my buck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked the bulk of my Pmags and ETS from one of the local gun/pawn shops used(almost never) bin where they stick trade in extras so most have been around $8.

I have bought KCI new mags for the same price with no malfunctions after using the first KCI as the initial shooting mag for practice and 3 gun for several years so I would tend to vote for KCI as a slightly more solid option and at a lower cost.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I have proved to myself over the years that the Pmags are find for the use I put them to, training and range use. I also use the Pro Mag 18 round mags for my G44 which also work great. Why can't Glock make a 15 rd mag for the G44.
    If I had a few mil in my bank account I probably wouldn't care but I don't and I am retired on fixed income. No matter what it is I want the best bang for my buck.
    Completely understood, and each choose based on their needs.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I did some shooting last night, and did use that worn Pmag 17 rounder, 30 rounds through it, there were no malfunctions. We'll continue to keep an eye on it......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pmags for Glock are Ok, my Shadow Systems MR920 came with them and they are recommended. Not sure if this is do to the baseplate or the MR mag release.... I still prefer using Glock mags.

Feedback Score
    Leapers UTG has also leaped into the Glock mag market. No idea how these perform, though.

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...lids=2535_2543

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know how they think they're gonna sell any of those, being at the same price point as Magpul.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast