Thread: Browning 525 Sporting Grade III

Feedback Score

Browning 525 Sporting Grade III

So a good friend of mine is retiring from skeet and sporting clays. At 78 years old he just can't make the rounds anymore. In 2003 he went all in on the Browning 525 and bought one in each gauge. We are members of the same shooting club and when he approached me about selling his stable of 525s I got a chance to shoot the 12 gauge (first picture) and loved it. It was his heaviest used of the lot but in really good shape. When he offered it for $1,400 I jumped on it. But then I made the mistake of looking at the others.

The 28 gauge (second picture) was gorgeous. $1,700 later it was mine. It is amazing on the skeet field. I thought I was done at that point but my buddy gave me a call and said he'd sell me the remaining 20 (fourth pic)and .410 (third pic)for $3,200. I just couldn't pass that up. My friend doesn't have any kids and doesn't need the money....I just think he wanted me to have his shotguns. Which leads to my question.

I'll never shoot the .410. I'm just not that good of a wing shot. It's very pretty but will just sit in my safe. Would I be an asshole to sell it? It's like new in the box and worth every bit of $2,500. But I don't want to insult my friend. He sold them to me for less than market out of friendship. Am I betraying that if I sell one?

I appreciate any thoughts.

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Heavyweight; 01-07-23 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's yours so do what you want with it. Doesn't sound like the money was an issue for him so it's better with someone that will shoot/enjoy it. Beautiful Set!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Your friend must have thought very highly of you to offer that set to you for sale in the first place. Personally I would consider it bad juju if you sold off the .410 or any of the others while he was still alive. After his passing is another story, but that's just me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just wait for a minute, shoot it once or twice then when you sell it then at least you tried it. Very very cool shotguns. All my O/U shotguns are brownings. 525, 625, 725 Fields for birds. Some 20g and some 12g. Love me some Browning, I can shoot wings just fine but I am the worst Sporting Clays shot IN THE WORLD.

I have no idea, there is nothing hand eye coordination that I am not at least decent,Sporting Clays the worst in the world.
    I digress.

Enjoy your new shottys.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Pappabear is right. I'm not in any hurry to sell. I might as well shoot it. I might love it on the skeet field.....you never know. And I too feel like it's bad juju to sell 3 AE. That's the whole reason I wanted to feel others out about it.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk