Thread: Browning 525 Sporting Grade III

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Browning 525 Sporting Grade III

So a good friend of mine is retiring from skeet and sporting clays. At 78 years old he just can't make the rounds anymore. In 2003 he went all in on the Browning 525 and bought one in each gauge. We are members of the same shooting club and when he approached me about selling his stable of 525s I got a chance to shoot the 12 gauge (first picture) and loved it. It was his heaviest used of the lot but in really good shape. When he offered it for $1,400 I jumped on it. But then I made the mistake of looking at the others.

The 28 gauge (second picture) was gorgeous. $1,700 later it was mine. It is amazing on the skeet field. I thought I was done at that point but my buddy gave me a call and said he'd sell me the remaining 20 (fourth pic)and .410 (third pic)for $3,200. I just couldn't pass that up. My friend doesn't have any kids and doesn't need the money....I just think he wanted me to have his shotguns. Which leads to my question.

I'll never shoot the .410. I'm just not that good of a wing shot. It's very pretty but will just sit in my safe. Would I be an asshole to sell it? It's like new in the box and worth every bit of $2,500. But I don't want to insult my friend. He sold them to me for less than market out of friendship. Am I betraying that if I sell one?

I appreciate any thoughts.

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Heavyweight; 01-07-23 at 11:50.