Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Biden wants your gas stove

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The United States of America is being rapidly deconstructed, right before your very eyes. It's deliberate, and no one inside the Potomac Green Zone even bothers to hide it anymore. No one is being held accountable, and there are zero consequences.
    Last edited by Buncheong; 01-10-23 at 07:50.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Electricity is great when it's available and cheap, all your eggs in one basket comes to mind. With an over-taxed and vulnerable to attack electric grid people will die and likely already have.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Atf going to be kicking down doors for this one too?
    Nah, it'll be the EPA that shoots your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I actually have an all electric overnight/cook top. Induction cook top is the way to go- fast to heat and controllable. The electric oven does fine with all kinds of modes. Bosch system. I never would have expected that when we bought the house. Induction is a world different than those glowing coil electric ovens. The BEST way to make scrambled eggs and to boil water for pasta.

Now that said, it makes no sense to ban gas ovens. This is just another attack on oil/gas. Here in CO they are thinking of banning natural gas utilities to new houses. You can’t have a gas stove if you don’t have a gas line. Now an electric stove is an alternative to a gas one, but when you get -10F here in the winter- I don’t see electric heaters keeping up- or the grid keeping up.
    I get that electric is getting better. I haven't had access to a gas line in 20 years. One of the drawbacks to living in the sticks. I use propane in AZ for the stove and to fuel the gas pack HVAC, here in Utah I'm all electric. Gas is cheaper to run and my wife likes gas better for cooking. The induction cooktop we have is good but she'd rather have gas.

I have a hard time believing there is any real reason to ban gas stoves. The powers that be just want another way to shit on your illusion of freedom. It's what they do. They have to abuse you, it's the only way they feel important.

Feedback Score
    I wonder how or if this will affect gas camp stoves & good old gas grill availability/ownership?
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    I wonder how or if this will affect gas camp stoves & good old gas grill availability/ownership?
    If you want a civil war, that is how you start a civil war. Freedom of speech; meh. Second amendment; hey- hey there. BBQ grill; YOU WILL BURN IN HELL.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    Their excuse is indoor use is bad for children so outdoor use "should" be OK. Next would likely be indoor heating, but I really don't expect a ban but mandates on expensive upgrades to "capture" all those evil byproducts of combustion we have been exposed to for the last 150 years that are now a "problem". Like the washing machines mentioned above I would expect gas stoves to become more expensive and less efficient.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-10-23 at 08:50.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    LETS GO BRANDON

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    The United States of America is being rapidly deconstructed, right before your very eyes. It's deliberate, and no one inside the Potomac Green Zone even bothers to hide it anymore. No one is being held accountable, and there are zero consequences.
    You will never be able to make people "equal" by bringing everyone up to the same level. You will only be able to create "equality" by bringing anyone above the lowest level down to that lowest level. Only at that point will everyone be the same...well except for those "in charge."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    These people are MORONS! Don't they know where electricity comes from?
    Don't underestimate them...They know exactly what they're doing.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Let's not forget it was Bush (43) that mandated all the energy efficient washing machine and dryers that resulted in all those shitty front loaders that mostly grow mold and top loaders where you have no control over the actual water level.

This is just more of the same. People are literally keeping their 30 year old "preban" washing machines in repair because the new ones suck ass so hard.
    Exactly.

These shitty, "green" energy appliances are terrible. We had to shitcan a nearly new front loader because of mold issues. Appliances used to last a few decades. I wonder what the environmental impact is when we dispose newer appliances and replace them. It would probably be better for mother earth if we just kept the old ones.
    Last edited by signal4l; 01-10-23 at 10:01.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast