Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First NFA purchase...AP5 muffler. Which?

Feedback Score

First NFA purchase...AP5 muffler. Which?

I want to use the 3-lug

I want durable because I don't want to concern myself with wear or getting it hot.

It doesn't have to be especially lightweight because I prefer durability.

Not really long would be nice.

Don't care if it's fat.

I want performance, quieter the better.

Ammo used:

158 gr & 147 gr fmj but probably 147 gr coated lead .356 dia. and stand standard 124 gr fmj, too.

What can is for me?

I'm ordering it through a gun store /range with a Silencer Shop kiosk.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I grabbed the SUREFIRE RYDER 9-MP5 from silencershop after putting in my email for the waitlist. Took a few weeks and used my local dealer kiosk to do the prints/pictures and the form 4 was E-filed.

I read a ton about this tri-lug one and surefire makes great products. A little more expensive than I wanted but was a save up and purchase situation so I went for it.

All the other options (quite a few) I had to buy the suppressor and then find the tri-lug adaptor but it was different by manufacturer and in no case was the adaptor and suppressor in-stock anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Quieter for you, or for bystanders?

Pew Science is going to be the best place to read about performance, IMO, and pick base off of that.

https://pewscience.com/rankings
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    GSL Phoenix >YHM R9>SiCo Omega 9K

The Ryder 9Ti is the worst can that I own. I went through the same thought process: "SF makes excellent rifle cans therefore their new 9mm can will be excellent also." Wrong, that can is flawed in more ways than one. Not to mention they abandoned the three lug adaptor that they stated they were going to offer for it in favor of redesigning a whole new three lug specific can. I hope the new three lug specific can is much better.
    Last edited by JPB; 01-10-23 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Quieter for you, or for bystanders?

Pew Science is going to be the best place to read about performance, IMO, and pick base off of that.

https://pewscience.com/rankings
    Dang, more choices?

Well, a big benefit is that the quieter it is the more private land I can shoot on. So I'm gonna say quieter for others.

Also, I'm thinking of another can for my AP5P that goes with it's purpose. That can should be light and short. Durable, too. I understand it will be louder.

I'd really prefer a one-stop shopping experience. I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to be buying adaptors from one company to use with a different company's product.
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-10-23 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    The GSL Phoenix metered best for bystanders according to Pew Science, and comes as a 3-lug can directly.

The HUXWRX CA$H 9k metered best for the shooter according to Pew Science, albeit in the direct thread mode. It is quite short, though, and would likely be an excellent shorty can. It has an adapter to become a 3-lug can. The big difference between its bystander performance and shooter performance is probably due to its flowthrough technology, so less port noise and all that.

The Resilient RS9 seems like it would be a good in-between can, as it is almost as quiet as the CA$H 9k to the shooter, while being in between the Phoenix and the CA$H 9k for bystanders, while being larger than the CA$H 9k and smaller than the Phoenix. It also was tested in direct thread mode, though it can be made to become a 3-lug can.

Pew Science hasn't tested the Dead Air Wolfman yet, but that could be worth a gander, as it has the ability to be both a full-sized can and a shorty, and was designed specifically around PCC use.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-10-23 at 20:51.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The GSL Phoenix metered best for bystanders according to Pew Science, and comes as a 3-lug can directly.

The HUXWRX CA$H 9k metered best for the shooter according to Pew Science, albeit in the direct thread mode. It is quite short, though, and would likely be an excellent shorty can. It has an adapter to become a 3-lug can. The big difference between its bystander performance and shooter performance is probably due to its flowthrough technology, so less port noise and all that.

The Resilient RS9 seems like it would be a good in-between can, as it is almost as quiet as the CA$H 9k to the shooter, while being in between the Phoenix and the CA$H 9k for bystanders, while being larger than the CA$H 9k and smaller than the Phoenix. It also was tested in direct thread mode, though it can be made to become a 3-lug can.

Pew Science hasn't tested the Dead Air Wolfman yet, but that could be worth a gander, as it has the ability to be both a full-sized can and a shorty, and was designed specifically around PCC use.
    Thanks!

I'll see if any of those are sold by Silencer Shop.

Feedback Score
    I see the GSL Phoenix is alluminum.

Is that going to last? I also saw it's 18 oz. That's alot of alluminum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I want to use the 3-lug

I want durable because I don't want to concern myself with wear or getting it hot.

It doesn't have to be especially lightweight because I prefer durability.

Not really long would be nice.

Don't care if it's fat.

I want performance, quieter the better.

Ammo used:

158 gr & 147 gr fmj but probably 147 gr coated lead .356 dia. and stand standard 124 gr fmj, too.

What can is for me?

I'm ordering it through a gun store /range with a Silencer Shop kiosk.
    You want a fat can for high volume. Look at yhm r9, rex silentium, and sico omega 9k.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    You want a fat can for high volume. Look at yhm r9, rex silentium, and sico omega 9k.
    Thanks.

That Omega 9k is really popular. Not the quietest but it seems to excell in many ways.

I'll check out the others, too, thanks.

Going to order something next week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast