Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First NFA purchase...AP5 muffler. Which?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I see the GSL Phoenix is alluminum.

Is that going to last? I also saw it's 18 oz. That's alot of alluminum.
    For a PCC, I don't see aluminum as being an issue. The Phoenix is an update of the old Gemtech MK-9K, which was also all aluminium, and examples have seen hundreds of thousands of rounds without issue. I believe that the OEM suppressor for the H&K MP5SD is also all aluminum (the MP5SD-N uses stainless steel baffles so that it can be fired while there is water in the can).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-11-23 at 21:21.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    For a PCC, I don't see aluminum as being an issue. The Phoenix is an update of the old Gemtech MK-9K, which was also all aluminium, and examples have seen hundreds of thousands of rounds without issue. I believe that the OEM suppressor for the H&K MP5SD is also all aluminum (the MP5SD-N uses stainless steel baffles so that it can be fired while there is water in the can).
    I see. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally I have made the decision to go with the DeadAir Wolfman for my AP5.

I like the versatility or having a fixed mount, 3-lug or booster, KeyMicro. You can change the length. I can even run it on a 5.56 or 300AAC gun if I want with both direct thread or a KeyMo mount.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Personally I have made the decision to go with the DeadAir Wolfman for my AP5.

I like the versatility or having a fixed mount, 3-lug or booster, KeyMicro. You can change the length. I can even run it on a 5.56 or 300AAC gun if I want with both direct thread or a KeyMo mount.
    I'm more interested in this one because it muffles better than the Omega 9k. But the 3-lug is OOS on the Deadair. Does someone else make the adaptor? They will come back in stock, right?

I'm thinking I'll have about 3 cans in mind and see what my dealer may have in stock or is in stock elsewhere. That might be what decides it for me.

I'm not sure I want a can on the AP5P. But if I do, will be the 9k.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm more interested in this one because it muffles better than the Omega 9k. But the 3-lug is OOS on the Deadair. Does someone else make the adaptor? They will come back in stock, right?

I'm thinking I'll have about 3 cans in mind and see what my dealer may have in stock or is in stock elsewhere. That might be what decides it for me.

I'm not sure I want a can on the AP5P. But if I do, will be the 9k.
    They came back in stock a few weeks ago but got sold out again, I am sure they will be back in stock again. You will have 9-12 months waiting for the Fed to approve your Form4, in that time I am sure you can get the 3lug adapter.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    They came back in stock a few weeks ago but got sold out again, I am sure they will be back in stock again. You will have 9-12 months waiting for the Fed to approve your Form4, in that time I am sure you can get the 3lug adapter.
    Ok, cool!

Feedback Score
    I'm going to try to get one of the quieter cans for the AP5 with the Omega 9K as a plan B.

The AP5P I'm not even sure I want a can on. The whole point of the thing is to be short.

Then there is the Tavor 7. I'm pretty happy with the KAW sound-thrower I put on it. Not sure I want to add length and weight to the big bull-pup.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’d look at the new B&T RBS subgun suppressor. Larger PCC sized and flow through, comes with a slick non rotating tri-lug mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I’d look at the new B&T RBS subgun suppressor. Larger PCC sized and flow through, comes with a slick non rotating tri-lug mount.
    I'll put that list of possibilities, too, thanks.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

The AP5P I'm not even sure I want a can on. The whole point of the thing is to be short.
    You may find that once you start shooting with a can, you don’t want to shoot carbines unsuppressed as much anymore. You may also find that the K gun is shorter than it needs to be.

The only time I shoot my PCCs unsuppressed is if I need to chrono or if I need it to pick up on someone else’s timer. I think this is true of most of my friends, also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast