Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk about taking a bullet on Varget

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've never cared about clean burning too much... as long as a powder isn't noticeably filthy. But the quality of VV is interesting to me. When inventories stabilize, I'm going to have to load some.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've never cared about clean burning too much... as long as a powder isn't noticeably filthy. But the quality of VV is interesting to me. When inventories stabilize, I'm going to have to load some.
    You like stick powders, all VV rifle powder is stick. If the number starts with “1”, its single base; if it starts with “5” its double base.

Now’s the time to try it. All the familiar extruded powders have gotten so high, the price on VV is not much more, if any.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    It’s pretty much all I use now. I don’t load or shoot nearly as much as y’all, but I like their powders for what I do.

I started using N320 and it burned a LOT cleaner than the Win231 I use for 9MM. I use N340 for .40, and 3N37 for 10MM and all XTP loads. Burns really clean…

Their web site it excellent for info:

https://www.vihtavuori.com/powders/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used n320 for optics pistols. It burns clean enough the front lens of MRD stayed much cleaner.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    All the familiar extruded powders have gotten so high, the price on VV is not much more, if any.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    They come with a load data magazine, too, at least if you get it from Midsouth. Interesting stuff in there, like full power 6.5x55.

Feedback Score
    They come with a load data magazine, too, at least if you get it from Midsouth. Interesting stuff in there, like full power 6.5x55.
    This download is hard to read on a cell phone but great if reading on a tablet or desktop computer:

https://www.vihtavuori.com/wp-conten...e_2022_ENG.pdf

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    It’s pretty much all I use now. I don’t load or shoot nearly as much as y’all, but I like their powders for what I do.

I started using N320 and it burned a LOT cleaner than the Win231 I use for 9MM. I use N340 for .40, and 3N37 for 10MM and all XTP loads. Burns really clean…

Their web site it excellent for info:

https://www.vihtavuori.com/powders/

We used to drive a little over 2 hours round trip to a dealer that sold N340 $64/4lbs in the early 2000s which was somewhat expensive versus other powders of the time. Not aware of anyone near me stocking it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123