Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta's new "92XI SAO"

Feedback Score

Beretta's new "92XI SAO"

Beretta is definitely getting some mileage out of the 92 series:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92xi-sao/

Feedback Score
    I’m interested in this. Also the new cheetah.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This looks good! Beretta has and has had a lot of different 92 variants they’ve yet to import to the US or manufacture here. I recall SAO 92 series in available in Euro Gun stores etc for quite awhile! Another choice at the LGS is always a good thing!

Feedback Score
    Maybe they'll bring back the 90Two

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I’m interested in this. Also the new cheetah.
    I was not aware.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/80x-cheetah/

That’s slick
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    "The 92XI brings the long-awaited frame mounted safety to the standard 92 family of products". Well, it's about time. If they would have done that 30 years ago, CZ and others wouldn't have gained near as much market share. Better late than never.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They are trying to bring this gun to the new era of SAO guns. Gotta give them credit for those 92 collectors that will grab one up to complete their collection. I have the old version 92 and the new M9A4, gotta draw the line there but have never faulted a man for buying a gun that makes them smile. Enjoy fellas.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    I was not aware.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/80x-cheetah/

That’s slick
    That’s sweet!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    IÂ’m interested in this. Also the new cheetah.
    OMG!

I can't believe my favorite carry gun that came out in 1976 got updated!!!

A blow-back with a slide-mounted optic? I don't think that has been done before.

I'm sure this will use the same mags and barrels as the legacy versions. Which means it will shoot .32, too.

I will absolutely buy one or two of these. I already have several. Need one in INOX!

One downside...unless someone makes tall sights or comes out with a lower optic design the sights will be too low to see with an optic mounted just like the 92X RDO i have.

When I carry a Cheetah it's loaded with the Underwood Lehigh 68 gr load. It chronographed over 1400 fps from my 81FS.

Accuracy from my legacy models has been limited due to the small sights. They make it about a 20 yd gun. The 80X should fix this!
    Last edited by Ron3; 01-15-23 at 14:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I'm sure this will use the same mags and barrels as the legacy versions. Which means it will shoot .32, too.
    Wouldn't it require a new slide? Isn't the breech face different for 380ACP vs 32ACP? I have 32ACP guns but no 380ACP guns to compare them against.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast