Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta's new "92XI SAO"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would like to get the Launch Edition.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/92xi-sao-launch-edition/
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post

A blow-back with a slide-mounted optic? I don't think that has been done before.
    That should be interesting. I had my Cheetah retrofitted with Triji Hd style sights, and the front sight launched the tritium vial within like 2k rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Wouldn't it require a new slide? Isn't the breech face different for 380ACP vs 32ACP? I have 32ACP guns but no 380ACP guns to compare them against.
    I’ve been told that with the original Cheetah, its only a barrel change. I don’t know if thats true or not…been meaning to find out as soon as I can get my hands on a threaded .32 barrel.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Very nice. That being said, I am very happy with my 92x RDO centurion in a g configuration

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    That should be interesting. I had my Cheetah retrofitted with Triji Hd style sights, and the front sight launched the tritium vial within like 2k rounds.

I’ve been told that with the original Cheetah, its only a barrel change. I don’t know if thats true or not…been meaning to find out as soon as I can get my hands on a threaded .32 barrel.
    I have several Cheetahs.

The barrels are all the same except for being .32 or .380.

All it takes is the barrel swap (part of the field strip process) and magazine swap and you are shooting the other caliber. This applies to all 81-85 with no suffix, B, BB, F, and FS.

One exception is the single stack 82 and 85's. They share a magazine. It holds 8 .380 or 9 .32.

There are differences amongst recoil springs, guide rods, and slide stops.

But ALL 81-85 .32 / .380 guns share breech face, ejectors, and extractors.

Sometimes a barrel will have a feed ramp that doesn't well match the ramp on a frame and a little filling can improve the match.

I have and shoot both calibers from my Cheetahs.

I'm also on the waiting list for a threaded .32 barrel.

Feedback Score
    I'm also on the waiting list for a threaded .32 barrel.
    How do I get on that waiting list? Please PM me if you don't want to disclose it publicly.

Feedback Score
    How do I get on that waiting list? Please PM me if you don't want to disclose it publicly.
    I talked to Josh over the phone and later received this email.

I say go ahead & call or send an email. The more people who want one the faster they'll make them up.

My guess is they are using new barrels purchased from Midwest Industries. (New old Beretta stock)

The following is the email:

"We currently have these barrels on the production schedule and do have a significant backorder on them. I have added you to our notification list and you will receive an email as soon as they are available. At this point, our machine shop is considerably backlogged with other production items and we are working to get these out as quickly as possible with an expected manufacturing timeframe of February/March. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Josh Rowe, Gunsmith

Allegheny Arms & Gun Works

p 412.409.2925

f 412.595.8689

www.alleghenyarms.com"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Somebody will STILL bitch about some aspect of it.
    The 92/M9 are excellent weapons and always have been. The shit people have complained about on them has always baffled me.
    Yes..this looks nice too.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I talked to Josh over the phone and later received this email.

I say go ahead & call or send an email. The more people who want one the faster they'll make them up.

My guess is they are using new barrels purchased from Midwest Industries. (New old Beretta stock)

The following is the email:

"We currently have these barrels on the production schedule and do have a significant backorder on them. I have added you to our notification list and you will receive an email as soon as they are available. At this point, our machine shop is considerably backlogged with other production items and we are working to get these out as quickly as possible with an expected manufacturing timeframe of February/March. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Josh Rowe, Gunsmith

Allegheny Arms & Gun Works

p 412.409.2925

f 412.595.8689

www.alleghenyarms.com"
    Seriously? I was on that waiting list for like a year, pre-Covid, then they said it was about to happen, then it didn’t happen, and I called them this year they were like “we don’t do that anymore, and the website hasn’t been updated yet”.

Feedback Score
    Now that I remember, I was on that waiting list too. I can look back through my emails, but I think it was three or so years ago. I don't remember what the price was, but I do remember thinking that it was high.

Feedback Score
    Now that I remember, I was on that waiting list too. I can look back through my emails, but I think it was three or so years ago. I don't remember what the price was, but I do remember thinking that it was high.
    Hmm...well if that's the case perhaps I should find someone who can extend & thread the barrels I already have.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast