Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta's new "92XI SAO"

Feedback Score
    I took a look back through my emails and found one that I received on 12-10-21, so not as far back as I had guessed. It was a status update, so my request was at some point prior.

"As its been some time since our last production run of our 80 series barrels, I wanted to give everyone some insight on the situation. In late 2016 a machinist friend and I decided these barrels would be a good project and agreed to work together to reverse-engineer and reproduce the OEM Beretta part. We split the design and manufacturing work between our shops and over the next few years we were able to work together to produce several runs of these with a modest but ever-increasing demand.

In 2019 he got a very lucrative, but time intensive contract to produce a small part allowing him to temporarily shelf all of his other clients including us. I was continually re-assured over the intervening time that the barrels would be made even as he broke deadline after deadline, increased his quoted price, and even asked me to increase my order to make the set-up etc. more worth his time. I agreed to every condition but have still received nothing.

In the end, Allegheny Arms is heavily invested in this project both financially and by reputation and we fully intend to get these made. We work with numerous machine shops on various projects and while several have expressed interest in taking it on, until we are able to rectify the situation with our former partner, we are simply unable to give a timeline for their completion. As you can see, we have maintained the list of interested parties and once we are able to move forward we will notify everyone of our progress.

With that in mind, we completely respect anyone’s decision if they were to choose to pursue a different route rather than continue to wait on these. If you are no longer interested in remaining on our notification list please reply to this email with a simple “STOP” and you’ll be removed. If you’d like to remain on the list, no action or reply is necessary.

As a personal aside as a gun guy I completely understand how prevalent “vaporware” is in our industry. As hard as I’ve been working to avoid the label, I also understand how frustrating it is to have a product promised without timely delivery and genuinely thank you for your patience.
    "

So it looks to me like he's trying, but is pretty dependent on others as he can't make the barrels himself. Perhaps now that things have slowed down in the gun industry some capacity will free up for making these barrels. Beretta could easily make them, but you can't give money to Beretta sometimes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    "The 92XI brings the long-awaited frame mounted safety to the standard 92 family of products".
    Is the word "standard" the twist to differentiate this from a brigadier or centurion slide? Pretty sure I can recall seeing frame mounted cocked and locked 92 variants back to the 1990s and Google shows a Brigadier slide that seems to have a similar safety showing up on their site in 2021.

Feedback Score
    "The 92XI brings the long-awaited frame mounted safety to the standard 92 family of products". Well, it's about time. If they would have done that 30 years ago, CZ and others wouldn't have gained near as much market share. Better late than never.
    Back in 1990 when I got my 1st handgun it's what made me pick the Taurus PT-99 over the Beretta. Sure I was young and dumb but that gun served me very well and I shot the snot out of it. Started the gun games with it and it hung on my bedpost in a shoulder holster for years. She's still in the safe to this day along with the 40 version with the funky decocker than I never really liked.

Feedback Score
    I have a Taurus PT-92 and about 10 Beretta 92 variants. The Taurus is more accurate than all but one Beretta. Those two are on par with each other.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I know a dude that competes with a Taurus 92 in club matches, for the memes. He wins an awful lot.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This morning, I placed an order for the new 92XI Launch Edition with EuroOptic. Now, the wait starts as Beretta is to start shipping these out in February.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Were they in stock at the time or did they allow you to order even though it shows out being out of stock?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Were they in stock at the time or did they allow you to order even though it shows out being out of stock?
    They have not come into stock as yet, but they are allowing backorders. Beretta is not shipping these out until February, so no one has them in stock as of yet.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They just keep breathing life into this product line. Or product extension I should say.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I finally picked up my Launch Edition this morning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast