Thread: For the ammo storage worry warts...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

For the ammo storage worry warts...

Over the last few weeks we've unearthed some lost/stray rounds that have been in the desert for years. First one was this 40 cal round:

Loaded it into my G22, and if fired.

Next was these two 5.56 (probably hand loads) at the spot we used to shoot from 3 plus years ago.

Both of these fired fine with the one on the right appearing to start separating.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I’ve shot some pretty nasty stuff myself. Shot plenty of stuff that looked like the 40 cal..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The weird thing is that Pappabear had some Remington bulk 9mm in the green/yellow box that got wet, and there were at least 10 of those rounds that did not fire. Yet they looked fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I once had a sleeve of Winchester white box 115 gr in the bottom of a spare locker. Lo and behold a one gallon container of slip 2000 degreaser the water based one leaked over the case over a period of time. When I finally discovered this the gallon was completely empty and case of ammo soaked for God knows how long. Emptied the ammo in an ammo can I shot all of it over the course of a week or so. Moral of the story don’t store ammo with cleaning supplies lol.